Duke4.net Forums: Which Assault Rifle fit Duke best? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Assault Rifle fit Duke best?

Poll: Which Assault Rifle fit Duke best? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these AR fits Duke best?

1. All-American M16 (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. UT2k3's Assault Rifle's Twin (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Chaingun Cannon AKA Ripper (11 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

4. Somethign new and original! (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

If there's going to be a brand new Duke FPS and only one of these guns get to be in the game as Duke's automatic hitscan weapon, which would you rather it be?

Posted Image

The M16 wrapped with the American flag. Only Duke is more American than this.

or

Posted Image

The futuristic Assault Rifle wrapped with the American flag. Does it have a name?

or

Posted Image

The classic Ripper/Chaingun Cannon. It's there when Duke went 3D, so should it continue to be at Duke's side forever?

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

He can always have multiple machine guns.

User is offline   BoowHow 

In my opinion I would say that Duke could use something new and original as an Assault Rifle.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Assault rifles are so boring and generic. American flag or not. The chaingun was unique to Duke and makes it special.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Chaingun cannon Definitely!

User is offline   ---- 

I will get downvoted for this, but...

I think Duke should get a machinegun with ironsights (as Serious Sam got one, which didnb't reall hinder gameplay):
Priamry: accuracy as the Ripper in DN3D.
Ironsight: every shot in the center,

He should keep the Ripper too, though, but modified:
Primary is a strong shot with slower rate of fire (every barrel after the other) that pushes the enemy back a little (Think of the sound like Schwarzenegger's gun in Expendables 2's showdown).
Secondary transforms the three barrels to a triangle that starts to rotate and works like a minigun.

My opinion.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 05 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

I'd give Duke either some kind of rifle or dual smgs to replace the original ripper role (standard rapid fire weapon) but still keep the ripper as a stronger machinegun to be used with bigger foes or in moments of panic (e.g. fighting lots of enemies with low health).
Like in RTCW there's the mp40/sten/tompson as a standard rapid fire gun and then there's the venon chaingun for overpower when needed.

• The Sarien Encounter

The reason the iron sights were ok in Sam was because it was no more accurate than shooting from the hip.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 05 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 October 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

The reason the iron sights were ok in Sam was because it was no more accurate that shooting from the hip.

Which would be hard with 100% accuracy from the hip. ;)

Ironsights helped for far away enemies due to the slight zoom, though.

• The Sarien Encounter

I only say because you were implying Duke's assault rifle have centered shots (more accurate) while iron-sighting. I would not like that.

View Postfuegerstef, on 05 October 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Which would be hard with 100% accuracy from the hip. ;)

Ironsights helped for far away enemies due to the slight zoom, though.

I've fired from the hip, with an electric airsoft gun, with pretty decent accuracy at a distance. So make it a real gun, with faster bullets, and it should be fairly accurate. Video games have just ruined hip fire by making them way too inaccurate.

Iron sights are a pet peeve of mine, I just don't really like using them in games, I prefer a crosshair. Zooming is cool, oddly enough DNF handled it best, just have a button to zoom in a bit.

On the ol' machine gun thingy, I'll go with the new thing option. Could be cool, but I dig the ripper for sure.

Your gonna call me old but, this trick rifle was allways my favorate.

1892 Winchester caliber .44-40 carbine with a standard 20-inch barrel designed by John Moses Browning, Loaded rounds or empty cases from the chamber eject straight up when the lever is pushed fully open.

He could supposedly fire off his first round in three-tenths of a second, which certainly helped in a showdown.

Side Note: It allways bothered me that guns in games sound the same when fired inside/outside, try firing a gun indoors and tell me it sounds the same.

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 05 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I think Duke's machine gun should be like how Doomguy got his, big and bulky cause Duke's a big guy.
No reason why the Chaingun Cannon can't be bulked up with say a big ammo belt or something.

The Assault rifle was a big deal back when it showed up in the trailers was cause the CoD games weren't the massively successful generic garbage they are now so the Assault Rifle looked new and original.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options