Duke4.net Forums: Simple way to get number of parent sector? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Simple way to get number of parent sector?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Let's say there is a sector that I'm looking at in CON code. Is there a simple way to tell whether the sector has a parent, and what the number of the parent sector is?

EDIT: So after looking at the wiki, here's my take on it. If it's a child sector, then every single wall of it should have its nextsector member set to the same sector (the parent sector), or -1 (white space).

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 01 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Checking the nextsector(s) should work as you said. Maybe something unique happens with updatesector which could possibly expose child sectors without looping through all the walls.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I got it working the way I expected. Here's the issue I was having: There's a perk which is supposed to show the player whether there is a secret near where the player is looking (the player hitscan target). But in some cases, a secret item is in a sector not marked as secret, even though its parent sector is secret. Example: the RPG on the ledge in E1L1. So my perk was failing to tag the RPG as a secret item. Now it works -- this is a big improvement.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options