Duke4.net Forums: Recreation of map Plug and Pray - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recreation of map Plug and Pray  "Recreation of map Plug and Pray"

User is offline   Aterbust 

Attention :
There are no new enemies. I do not know how to add new enemy. If someone wants to help me with that, I'm interested.
I tried to make as close PSX Version.

There is only the map :
E5L1 NIGHTMARE ZONE
E5L2 TRACKSIDE TRAGEDY
E5L3 GATES MOTEL
E5L4 DUKE ROYALE
E5L5 ALIEN RENDEZ-VOUS
E5L6 MINSTRY OF FEAR
E5L7 FACES OF DEATH
and coop map E6L1 QUIRK OF FATE

Map Plug and Pray.rar <-- Update 12 July 2017

The GRP file:
PlugAndPray.grp
addons.grpinfo.txt

Music psx

psx_agg.def

New TILES009.ART
New TILES011.ART

This post has been edited by Aterbust: 13 July 2017 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Arzca 

In case you haven't heard; There is an existing remake of Plug and Pray episode available (Google is your friend). Also, there is Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Mod, which already has done everything you're planning to do, even knowing where it stands right now. I made a remake of Duke Royale-level from Plug n' Pray, but I don't see myself doing any of the other maps, simply because of Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Mod.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm the reason the Total Meltdown mod is delayed. I am trying to get back on track.

yes I know this remake. Levels have been made very roughly.
In my map, it is created to the nearest PSX (in pixels around).
I think it's worth the look

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Damn impressive, After a quick check, pretty much 99% of the wall points are precisely spot on, same with sprites.

A reason to be proud, so far this could pass as a rip.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

This is one of the most accurate remakes so far. Well done! ;) Looking forward to see this completed :D but "Cake Party" real name is "Quirk Of Fate" and its not "Faces Of The Death" but "Faces Of Death".

This post has been edited by HMNuke93: 03 October 2016 - 03:09 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHMNuke93, on 03 October 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

This is one of the most accurate remakes so far. Well done! ;) Looking forward to see this completed :D but "Cake Party" real name is "Quirk Of Fate" and its not "Faces Of The Death" but "Faces Of Death".

In the French version of Duke Nukem Total Meltdown, Quirk of Fate is listed as Cake Party which I guess is a phonic pun on Quake Party.

The other levels in Plug N Pray are listed as:
Bombe Rider
Trackside Tragedie
Hotel Schrining
Pulpe Friction
Alien Rendezvous
Panique Au Dancing
Tetes De Mort

View PostLunick, on 03 October 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

In the French version of Duke Nukem Total Meltdown, Quirk of Fate is listed as Cake Party which I guess is a phonic pun on Quake Party.

The other levels in Plug N Pray are listed as:
Bombe Rider
Trackside Tragedie
Hotel Schrining
Pulpe Friction
Alien Rendezvous
Panique Au Dancing
Tetes De Mort

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostAterbust, on 01 October 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

Attention :
There are no new enemies. I do not know how to add new enemy. If someone wants to help me with that, I'm interested.

There is only the map :
E5L1 NIGHTMARE ZONE
E5L3 GATES MOTEL
E5L5 ALIEN RENDEZ-VOUS
E5L7 FACES OF THE DEATH
and coop map E6L1 Cake Party

Map Plug and Pray

Without a doubt, the best remakes of maps from PSX port so far. I really liked your version of Gates Motel, so much better than the older version we had before. Thank you for your work!

User is offline   Darkus 

I still have the maps that I extracted from original PSX game, Perhaps it's time for me to continue my 'Plug And Pray' version?

Dear god yes!!!!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The map files themselves are ready, as is the art. If we released these materials, what would you do? Hack together some slapdash package and release it to get spread to the ends of the earth?

Why don't you release a partial patch of the full translation instead, then?

[...]

Also, releasing a partial version of our patch would mean that most people would play that version, but then when the finished version comes out, only a fraction of the original players would try out the polished patch.

EDuke32 does not have the feature set needed to make a fully functioning Total Meltdown happen. It's on me.

User is offline   Darkus 

I leave it to you then. It's just that we can't wait ;)

User is offline   Jolteon 

Played these remakes, and they are great! In fact they are probably the best remakes of Plug and Pray that I had ever played! Keep it up. ;)

User is offline   max_nukem 

Attention :

There is only the map :
E5L1 NIGHTMARE ZONE
E5L3 GATES MOTEL
E5L5 ALIEN RENDEZ-VOUS
E5L7 FACES OF THE DEATH
and coop map E6L1 Cake Party

Map Plug and Pray

Great maps, very similar to PlayStation version.
Are you working on other Plug and Pray maps?

User is offline   NNC 

It's a good thing, but I still think that the full rip of levels should be the real release. All maps and all new enemies had been ripped IIRC.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Does anyone feel up to the challenge to fill Aterbust's maps with mobs or it's not worth the effort?

User is offline   NNC 

I've played Nightmare Zone, and it's really really faithful to the original. There is one bug (HOM effect which appears if you look at that small "bathroom" area above from the main tomb area with Enforcers).

Btw. with no music, it becomes pretty obvious that this map is really silent with no ambient sounds which is badly needed here. Also, I'm not sure if the level is shaded 100% of the original, sometimes it's badly missing, or just the level is uglier than I remembered.

And the female pigs are definately better for this level, and so that trap area with the yellow key is a lot more thrilling, if one of the pigs attack the zone. I also hate that how many of the enemies can enter water that shouldn't suppose to be there. Pigs and Enforcers have no business underwater.

I will try Gates Motel later...

User is offline   Dan 

When I try to download the file in Chrome it says the file is malicious.

Also trying to keep track of all the Plug and Pray map remakes.

Plug and Pray Remake - ozelot47
https://forums.duke4...280#entry180280

Alien Rendezvous - Mav3r1ck
https://forums.duke4...plugn-pray-map/

Quirk Of Fate
https://forums.duke4...5590#entry55590

DNTM - RazorZ
https://forums.duke4...6756#entry56756

Duke Royale Remake - Arzca
http://msdn.duke4.ne...tdukeroyale.php

This post has been edited by Dan: 22 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

Hi, thanks for your comment.

View PostDarkus, on 03 October 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

I still have the maps that I extracted from original PSX game, Perhaps it's time for me to continue my 'Plug And Pray' version?

Yes of course, I'd like to see your version, especially if she are extracted from the psx

View Postmax_nukem, on 20 October 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Great maps, very similar to PlayStation version.
Are you working on other Plug and Pray maps?

Yes I currently made map E5L2

View PostNancsi, on 20 October 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

It's a good thing, but I still think that the full rip of levels should be the real release. All maps and all new enemies had been ripped IIRC.

I completely agree with you, but it's been a year that many people say have ripped the maps and never she was released.

View PostNancsi, on 21 October 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

I've played Nightmare Zone, and it's really really faithful to the original. There is one bug (HOM effect which appears if you look at that small "bathroom" area above from the main tomb area with Enforcers).

This is a bug known, she disappears with the polymer mode

User is offline   Dan 

I found a bug in Gates Motel. In the green slime area, there's a small room with blood dripping from the ceiling and Enforcers that you can get trapped in. There's a light switch in the room which I think is supposed to open the door, but it doesn't do anything.

In Alien Redenzvous, the Battlelord inside the green pillar starts out small than becomes big.

In Faces Of Death, there is a button missing next to the Battlelord door, in the tripbomb room.

This post has been edited by Dan: 27 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostDan, on 24 October 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

I found a bug in Gates Motel. In the green slime area, there's a small room with blood dripping from the ceiling and Enforcers that you can get trapped in. There's a light switch in the room which I think is supposed to open the door, but it doesn't do anything.

It's not a forgotten but a trap. This is for the enemies to appear in the back.

In Alien Redenzvous, the Battlelord inside the green pillar starts out small than becomes big.

This is normal, the Battlelord is larger than the size of the sprite. There is the same phenomenon on PSX.

In Faces Of Death, there is a button missing next to the Battlelord door, in the tripbomb room.

To open this door there are 5 switches to operate. They are everywhere in level.

Edit: MAP 2 finished

It was very hard to make.
I corrected some palette in art file 19.

MAP 2 (E5L2)

I've updated the link in the 1st post and add a link for musics.
Spend a good end of year party.

This post has been edited by Aterbust: 20 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

View PostAterbust, on 27 November 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

MAP 2 (E5L2)

Good job! Thanks!

This is normal, the Battlelord is larger than the size of the sprite. There is the same phenomenon on PSX.

To open this door there are 5 switches to operate. They are everywhere in level.

MAP 2 (E5L2)

Impressive remake!

User is offline   Arzca 

MAP 2 (E5L2)

If I was a little sceptic about these remake-ideas earlier, I'm glad I was wrong. I played these recently (including Trackside Tragedy), and geez are these spot-on remakes.

I did come across some inconsistencies in E5L5 (Alien Rendezvous):

- The original map has only 2 secrets (a Jetpack behind a breakable vent and the secret with a Portable Medikit, RPG ammo and Pipebombs at end of the staircase). This remake had a third secret (next to that Jetpack in the vents).

- There appears to 2 more monsters than in the original level. The original map has 106 on Come Get Some.

- Those 3 Battlelords near the alien ship seem to be "stayput" (except the spawning 2) as well as the first Battlelord (on Come Get Some). Unless they are stayput to "emulate" their behaviour on PSX where they are too tall to fit those doorways, etc.

These are really accurate and well done remakes. Good work. 8)

User is offline   axl 

Wooow. I hadn't played this since I stopped playing Duke on my old psx in 1997... I just finished your Nightmare Zone remake and this seems spot-on ! Great, GREAT work !

I have to say, I'm quite suprised at the quality of the level... Since this wasn't developed by the original mappers, I was afraid it wouldn't hold up. But I was wrong, the level has great shading, great gameplay, ... Not on par with the original episodes, but still great work.

Can't wait for the Total Meltdown mod !

This post has been edited by axl: 09 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Attention :

There is only the map :
E5L1 NIGHTMARE ZONE
E5L2 TRACKSIDE TRAGEDY
E5L3 GATES MOTEL
E5L5 ALIEN RENDEZ-VOUS
E5L7 FACES OF DEATH
and coop map E6L1 QUIRK OF FATE

Hi Aterbust. Any plans about remaining two maps?

User is offline   NNC 

I tried to install Hendricks' PSX ogg files, but only the grabbag and stalker replacements work. Tried various thing, created sub-directories, changed the def files, etc. none of them worked. :P

View Postmax_nukem, on 24 February 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hi Aterbust. Any plans about remaining two maps?

Hi, for now I do not have time to do the last two maps. But when I could I will finish them.

View PostNancsi, on 24 February 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

I tried to install Hendricks' PSX ogg files, but only the grabbag and stalker replacements work. Tried various thing, created sub-directories, changed the def files, etc. none of them worked. :P

I made a folder named "highres" and inside this folder I made another folder named "psx".
The folder "psx" has the music.
For the file psx_agg.def, I remember finding it on this site but I know more where.

But you can take it here : psx.agg.def

Of course you must not forget to modify the file "duke3d.def" by adding the line: "include psx_agg .def".

And thanks also to Arzca, I will correct the errors later.
It also seems to me that I forgot to make the end button in the map E6L1 QUIRK OF FATE

This post has been edited by Aterbust: 04 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Hello,
The map E5L6 is finish.

And I fix some error in map E5L5 and E6L1.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options