Duke4.net Forums: Make Breakable Sprites Unbreakable? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make Breakable Sprites Unbreakable?

Is there a way to make Sprites so they can't be broken, or at the very least can't be shot and explosions still break them?

Like the police pole for instance would make a great decoration, but it breaks and makes it almost usless on a map with lots of action.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Things are breakable because of code that applies to specific tile numbers. If you copy the art to a new tile number, it won't have any code on it and it won't break.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 20 September 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Things are breakable because of code that applies to specific tile numbers. If you copy the art to a new tile number, it won't have any code on it and it won't break.

Thanks, I was afraid that was the case, oh well.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCaptain Massive, on 20 September 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Thanks, I was afraid that was the case, oh well.

It's very easy to do. But if your next release is going to be a vanilla map with no modified art, then yeah that would be a problem.

EDIT: There is one thing I can think of. If you press F8 on a sprite you can edit all the struct members stored in sprites in the map. If you change the one for statnum (assuming that is available) that might prevent the sprite from running the code. It depends on whether the game actually checks that or whether it depends solely on the sprite's tile number.

EDIT2: Nah, it doesn't seem to work.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 20 September 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

It's very easy to do. But if your next release is going to be a vanilla map with no modified art, then yeah that would be a problem.

I allways do vanilla polymer, soo yea. It took me awhile to create my own style so most likely sticking with it.

Thanks anyways ;)

Edit: I think I have an idea, I can make hittable only walls around them, tight enough it wont effect gameplay.

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 20 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

Works but the walls need hitag so they do-not leave bullet holes.

edit: Explosions still break it though.

I tried the F8 as well, was 1st thing that came to mind, but there's no option for that unfortunately.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 20 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCaptain Massive, on 20 September 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Is there a way to make Sprites so they can't be broken, or at the very least can't be shot and explosions still break them?

View PostCaptain Massive, on 20 September 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

edit: Explosions still break it though.

I thought you wanted explosions to still break them.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 20 September 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

I thought you wanted explosions to still break them.

Was my 2nd choice or at the very least I said, but I'm still happy wth the results.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options