Duke4.net Forums: Dusk - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dusk  "New 90s inspired shooter"

User is online   Zaxx 

View PostNightFright, on 20 December 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

- One user indicated the strategy is actually to kill all enemies except one, then collect the purple health flasks dropped by dead mobs, then kill the remaining one to trigger the next wave.

Yep, that's what I did too after noticing how the waves work.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Maybe I need to try that level again with this seemingly helpful/valuable knowledge. Yet I still assume it won't be a walk in the park since the core mechanic stays the same: Dodge like crazy and kill as fast as possible before the odds become overwhelming and too many projectiles fly towards you. Especially those mechanical maidens with their rockets are doing you in quite quickly if you aren't paying enough attention to them.

Btw, I hope you have all seen this "trailer" (headphone users: volume alert)... xD

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 December 2018 - 04:26 AM

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

View PostNightFright, on 20 December 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

- It's also possible to just skip the level (which isn't a really good option IMHO).

Really? I think it's fucking great.

Whatsmore, there are a lot of things in Dusk with alternative strategies. All of the bosses.

You can pretty much pacify the entire game.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

• The Truth is in here

You can? Well, I managed to get the second-last boss killed without doing it by myself, but
Spoiler

User is offline   Master O 

View PostZaxx, on 17 December 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Okay, DUSK is officially part of the classic FPS family now:
Posted Image

Do Dusk's secret levels have killable Commander Keens?

• The Truth is in here

Not to my knowledge, and I have seen the secret levels of all three episodes.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I REALLY need to get back to this game.

I played episode 1 when it came out and haven't touched it since, and now the damn thing is fully released.

User is online   Zaxx 

If anyone's interested in the music and the "lore" of DUSK I think picking up the Intruder Edition is really worth it: the soundtrack is massive in length with 2 hours and 39 minutes and the graphic novel is nice.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostZaxx, on 02 January 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

If anyone's interested in the music and the "lore" of DUSK I think picking up the Intruder Edition is really worth it: the soundtrack is massive in length with 2 hours and 39 minutes and the graphic novel is nice.

"Won't you notice me, Dusk Senpai?" :lol:

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options