Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Title Image - High Quality - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Title Image - High Quality

User is offline   Dinsdale 

Hi guys

The obligatory noob post here! I hope someone can help. Recently got back into playing Duke Nukem - actually currently playing through DNF but over the past few weeks I have:

- Paid JSJ to do me a personalised voicemail.
- Bought the "Carpe Nukem" bust. It might go down well in my study.
- Started playing through DNF.
- Joined this forum.
- Blew it out my ass.

One thing I am wanting, is a high resolution wallpaper of the original Duke Nukem 3D artwork (the famous one where he's standing on a mountain of alien dirtbags). I don't want it to have the "Duke Nukem 3D" text on it though.

Obviously, I've done a Google Search. I've found a high resolution version but it's washed out and the quality isn't very good. I've found a cropped version at a very high res which is really great quality.

So my question is, does anyone have a widescreen, high resolution, clean, high quality image I can use?

Thanks

Here's the original full resolution title-less artwork as posted by Frederik:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__208133

You'll want Duke3D_BoxArt_high.jpg.

User is offline   Dinsdale 

You, sir, are what's known as "the man".

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Welcome!

User is offline   t800 

Bit off topic, but is there higher resolution variant of this Duke picture? Would love to have one. ;)

Posted Image

It's my first time seeing the full-res Duke3D cover art, and what the fuck is this

Posted Image

View Postt800, on 17 September 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Bit off topic, but is there higher resolution variant of this Duke picture? Would love to have one. ;)

Posted Image

Yeah, that's the one that needs a high-res version the most. imo it's the best Duke cover art yet. I asked 3DR for it but they say only Gearbox can provide it.

User is offline   Lunick 

It's an Assault Trooper...

User is offline   Malgon 

Something about it looks creepy, but I can't quite place my finger on why though.

User is offline   Valhalla 

This is the one I use for my desktop background. I wanted a wider view version of the original. Works great with widescreen monitors.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Valhalla: 05 October 2016 - 04:12 AM

Megaton's widescreen cover art image is silly due to the baffling copying/cloning they did to fill the empty space. Extra Duke legs are visible at both the bottom left and right, and most egregiously, a second Duke head is peeking out behind the center Enforcer's gun.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostLunick, on 05 October 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

It's an Assault Trooper...

View PostMalgon, on 05 October 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Something about it looks creepy, but I can't quite place my finger on why though.

It's very badly drawn and completely out of style with the rest of the image. It looks like a cartoon or a plush toy. Very simplistic and almost childish.

View PostMarphy Black, on 05 October 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Megaton's widescreen cover art image is silly due to the baffling copying/cloning they did to fill the empty space. Extra Duke legs are visible at both the bottom left and right, and most egregiously, a second Duke head is peeking out behind the center Enforcer's gun.

Hey it's still the only wide-screen format image like it, I rather enjoy it. If you know of a better version, by all means link it. Can always use a better one. ;)

• The Sarien Encounter

I never noticed that duplicate duke head before...that's strange.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 October 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

It's very badly drawn and completely out of style with the rest of the image. It looks like a cartoon or a plush toy. Very simplistic and almost childish.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostValhalla, on 05 October 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

Hey it's still the only wide-screen format image like it, I rather enjoy it.

You need to use the two-layer version of the box art so that the mushroom cloud background is Vert-Minus with widescreen and Duke gains additional room to the side. I think Fox worked it out.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 October 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

I never noticed that duplicate duke head before...that's strange.

Holy crap, neither did I till now. 0_o

View PostValhalla, on 05 October 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

Hey it's still the only wide-screen format image like it, I rather enjoy it. If you know of a better version, by all means link it. Can always use a better one. ;)

Here's my recreation of the Megaton widescreen artwork using the raw TIF files available in 1280x720, 1920x1080, and 2560×1440 resolutions in lossless png format:
https://drive.google...b3M?usp=sharing

Preview of the 720p version:
Posted Image

The composition is basically identical to Megaton's, but I did much less cloning as the obvious repetition in Megaton's was unsightly.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 October 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

I was kind of thinking along that line, so that's probably what it is.

View PostMarphy Black, on 05 October 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Here's my recreation of the Megaton widescreen artwork using the raw TIF files available in 1280x720, 1920x1080, and 2560×1440 resolutions in lossless png format:
https://drive.google...b3M?usp=sharing

Preview of the 720p version:
Posted Image

The composition is basically identical to Megaton's, but I did much less cloning as the obvious repetition in Megaton's was unsightly.

Love it, it's a bit better I must admit than the megaton one. I like megaton's perspective more, but yours doesn't have all the weird mistakes.

User is offline   Romulus 

Is there a high quality version of the art from the original Duke 3D where Duke doesn't look like he's on steriods?

• The Sarien Encounter

Huh?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Let me think...

No.

View PostRomulus, on 07 October 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Is there a high quality version of the art from the original Duke 3D where Duke doesn't look like he's on steriods?

0_o Duke "IS" on steroids, he uses them in-game. Also those art are the official box-art for duke nukem 3D. If you want him to look weaker, you'll have to make your own fan=fiction art.

This post has been edited by Valhalla: 07 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options