Duke4.net Forums: Interplay is selling its assets - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interplay is selling its assets

User is offline   MetHy 

I'd certainly like to learn more about this so called "RR being based on DN3D" because unlike NAM or WWII GI it clearly is more than a DN3D TC (which is what I've heard many people assume it is), it has things that are in the game which I don't think were possible with DN3D's vanilla con coding, and that's without mentionning Ride Again's Shadow Warrior style RoR and driveable sprite vehicules.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 09 September 2016 - 01:02 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

This is some embarrassing stuff, Interplay. (Screenshots not mine)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

They were sitting on MASSIVE IPs like Castles, Conquest of the New World, Cyberia, Die by the Sword, Freespace, MAX, fucking Metal Rage of all things, Run Like Hell, Shattered Steel, Stonekeep, not to mention the obvious classics like Descent, Earthworm Jim, Evolva, Giants, Kingpin, Messiah, Shogo and Screamer, and they couldn't find a single way to license those IPs to some enthusiastic developer, or anything besides trying to sell them off saying "they'd totally make a great mobile game or a movie!"

User is offline   deuxsonic 

I want another Shogo. It's been long enough.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Wonder if Jace is still wearing that shirt around.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I can confirm that those photos are of the same documents I received when I inquired about Redneck Rampage.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

I can confirm I've never read as much horseshit in one place until I saw those slides.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I can confirm that I felt the same way, to the point of not bothering to reply.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Remember when they tried to crowdfund an MMO, Project V13, previously known as Fallout Online, by "resurrecting" the Black Isle name? Good times! :D

According to Jace Hall, they don't hold the rights to Shogo, W.B. do, which makes sense since Monolith attempted to pitch a Shogo 2 in 2001.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 September 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

Remember when they tried to crowdfund an MMO, Project V13, previously known as Fallout Online, by "resurrecting" the Black Isle name? Good times! :D

According to Jace Hall, they don't hold the own the rights to Shogo, W.B. do, which makes sense since Monolith attempted to pitch a Shogo 2 in 2001.

They have shogo listed with the catalog, and not as tm but the entire IP. Does that mean they're selling an IP that doesn't belong to them?

I see Star Trek on that list, I wonder if the assets for Secret of Vulcan Fury are among those? I'd love for someone to remake/complete that game finally.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postcosmonautcowboy, on 10 September 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

I see Star Trek on that list, I wonder if the assets for Secret of Vulcan Fury are among those? I'd love for someone to remake/complete that game finally.

Ken Allen, who worked at Interplay and was music director for SOVF, has been looking into the possibility of continuing the game's development....no idea what he had in mind or how far he got.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 September 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

Ken Allen, who worked at Interplay and was music director for SOVF, has been looking into the possibility of continuing the game's development....no idea what he had in mind or how far he got.

Thanks for the info. He's posted stuff to You Tube, maybe I'll send him an email and ask him about it.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostDustFalcon85, on 08 September 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

I hoping Revival Productions LLC (founded by the creators of Parallax Software of the Descent games who is working on Overload) buys the rights to the Descent and Freespace IP. And rename their game Descent: Overload and maybe one day create Freespace 3.

Fuck that. All the main FreeSpace guys except Mike Kulas (Who wrote some of the engine code) are still at Volition.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ke-freespace-3/

M A K E F R E E S P A C E G R E A T A G A I N

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 12 September 2016 - 05:24 AM

View PostPerson of Color, on 12 September 2016 - 05:20 AM, said:

Fuck that. All the main FreeSpace guys except Mike Kulas (Who wrote some of the engine code) are still at Volition.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ke-freespace-3/

M A K E F R E E S P A C E G R E A T A G A I N

Now I agree. The Freespace IP belongs to Volition/Deep Silver and the Descent trademark to Mike Kulas and Mike Toschlong. The Descent IP belongs in a single home not strewn between Parallax Software and Interplay.

sent my application to the bidding process. tis gun be gud.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

lol I should buy Craps

User is offline   leilei 

It's interesting in what IPs they DON'T have.

Where's Realms of the Haunting? Bridge with Omar Sharif? Tass Times in Tonetown? Reloaded?

This post has been edited by leilei: 15 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postleilei, on 15 September 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

Where's Realms of the Haunting?

Both Steam and GOG list different publishers for this title, Blue Moon Red Owl on GOG and KISS ltd, Funbox Media Ltd on Steam.

I find it funny nobody's attempted to make 'shogo but with the name filed off'. It's not exactly a complicated game. Hell, it'd be real easy to make it more interesting and not look like regurgitated ass now. This is coming from someone that legit enjoys it, too.

This post has been edited by Carl Winslow: 16 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

User is offline   leilei 

i'd like any anime fps (not based on fanservice gimmicks) period. it's a rare combination when done right, as usually the japanese developed FPS games have janky mechanics and poor implementation, anime or not. on the western end Shogo had much crap art and otakugush though. maybe Monolith could have art outsourced by the other Monolith (completing more of the unity of that silly Septerra+Shogo bundle that came later lol)

I think the Shogo rights listed here involved some Microids->Titus license transfer deal (both being French publishers) as that was published by the former in Europe

This post has been edited by leilei: 16 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

I could get behind some anime style FPS, and also comic book style FPS. Though more attractive than that XIII game based on the french comic. The Darkness games are pretty cool, though they just have your usual FPS game realistic-ish art style.

The thing about that anime style is the badass 80s/90s style that Shogo was going after seems less popular now. Though there's still some resurgences of stuff like that from time to time. In general I'd like more variety of art styles in games.

The Interplay catalouge is having a Back To School sale on GOG.com. Might as well buy them all just in case GOG no longer sells them in the future if their IPs has changed hands.

https://www.gog.com/..._interplay_byob

• The Sarien Encounter

$30 for everything. Not bad.

User is offline   leilei 

I've just noticed a new Mucinex TV spot calling Mr. Mucus "Boogerman" now. What that means who owns it, i'm not sure. I hope it wasn't entirely sold to RB just for that sole name alone :/

This post has been edited by leilei: 30 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

Interplay's catalogue is on sale as a part of GOG.com's Fall sale as a Build Your Own Bundle. Get Redneck Rampage, FreeSpace 1 & 2, Kingpin Life of Crime, and anything else you desire.

https://www.gog.com/..._interplay_byob

Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2, I thought were fun and really good RPG games. I have to a test I'm not really big into RPGs but damn, I wish Interplay could have got a third games in the series.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 25 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

Just a heads up. Interplay is gonna to increase the prices on GOG.com again. All of their games is on sale. So you better pick them up before the prices increase.

https://www.gog.com/...play_staycation

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostDustFalcon85, on 26 July 2017 - 05:27 AM, said:

Just a heads up. Interplay is gonna to increase the prices on GOG.com again. All of their games is on sale. So you better pick them up before the prices increase.

https://www.gog.com/...play_staycation

The only ones I don't have are:

-Ignition
-Lost Eden
-Of Light and Darkness: The Prophecy
-Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back
-Pray for Death

Are any of these worth it?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

So they didnt sell everything then?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options