Duke4.net Forums: Some Help needed about a Lamp Post - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Help needed about a Lamp Post

User is offline   BoowHow 

I'm not sure if this goes in here, so sorry if it's in the wrong Subforum.

I'm currently building a small Outside area in my Map in which the Player starts before going into the Subway System.
Since I want to build it in some kind of a Street-Look (could't think of a better word) I want to place some Lamp Posts (along the usual stuff in a street) for realism.
What my problem currently is, is that I don't know what Sprites could be used for a Lamp Post.
At the moment I have something like that but that doesn't look like a Lamp Post for me at all.
Posted Image
Does somebody have an idea what I can use for a Lamp Post?

User is offline   MetHy 

When you need something that isn't there, try combining several sprites to make your own, if that fits with the rest of the style of the map. For instance, take one of those posts or poles sprites, for example #977 and put something that could vaguely pass up as a big lightbulb like #4884. Try different combinations until you find the right one.

User is offline   BoowHow 

View PostMetHy, on 07 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

When you need something that isn't there, try combining several sprites to make your own, if that fits with the rest of the style of the map. For instance, take one of those posts or poles sprites, for example #977 and put something that could vaguely pass up as a big lightbulb like #4884. Try different combinations until you find the right one.

I tried what you suggested and it looks pretty good, thanks.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I played lot of urban based maps with sprites like #1220 or #120 over a pole like #977 as street lights. Maybe they're useful for you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options