Duke4.net Forums: Best fighter character - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best fighter character  "In regards of real gameplay / Wiki descriptions"

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Micky asked for our opinions at the AMC forums, but as all of us are developers - and most of us have in-game self-inserts - our opinions are heavily influenced. :D

By the end of EP2, if there were a "civil war" among AMC agents, who do you think would be victorious? Research projects up to EP2 are available to fight but temporary weapons are discarded - every character would start with his/her full weaponry. B)

IMO, a melee fight would be more interesting. If this were the case, my bets are on Merlijn - who is supposed to be the strongest physical character (take a look at that devastating Dragonslayer) - or James, whose MJ12 injection makes his fists DYNAMITE! :D

The other scenario would be if every character had their "real" powers available during gameplay, which is their wiki description (power levels are nerfed in-game because, if not, there would be OP characters).

IMO, Micky would be victorious because of his perfect aim and intelligence. :D Micky promised me some Duke Burger coupons if I stated this... :D

I agree with you on pretty much everything but what do you think of Sang's powers ?

He could shield himself, make it so that his Uzi's projectiles will home on everybody no matter where he aims at, make his head grow right back if headshot ... he could be a strong rival against Micky since his SMART suit isn't 100% operational >_>

No matter the issue of the thing I imagine the HQ would be totally smashed to bits and Magnus would be like "Hey who killed James before me !? I hate the idea but I'm gonna have to save that damn planet just to find out who the hell wasted him >_<"

User is offline   Jblade 

Zaxtor and James would win and then it would be a tough fight between the two - there, that's the word of god so we can all go home now :D

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 06 September 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

I agree with you on pretty much everything but what do you think of Sang's powers ?

He could shield himself, make it so that his Uzi's projectiles will home on everybody no matter where he aims at, make his head grow right back if headshot ... he could be a strong rival against Micky since his SMART suit isn't 100% operational >_>

No matter the issue of the thing I imagine the HQ would be totally smashed to bits and Magnus would be like "Hey who killed James before me !? I hate the idea but I'm gonna have to save that damn planet just to find out who the hell wasted him >_<"

Hey I'll have you know that by the end of Episode 2 my SMART suit is fully operational.

Where are you getting all of Sang's ability's from? I've never come across his ability to manipulate bullets or grow his head back. Sang has finite power, and I'm fairly confident he has a limited amount of magical energy at any given time, so while he can shield himself he can't keep it up forever. The spells he casts travel through the air at a finite speed too so they can be dodged, especially when you have enhanced reflexes in the suit.

Here's your coupon.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Micky C: 06 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostMicky C, on 06 September 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

Hey I'll have you know that by the end of Episode 2 my SMART suit is fully operational.

Where are you getting all of Sang's ability's from? I've never come across his ability to manipulate bullets or grow his head back. Sang has finite power, and I'm fairly confident he has a limited amount of magical energy at any given time, so while he can shield himself he can't keep it up forever. The spells he casts travel through the air at a finite speed too so they can be dodged, especially when you have enhanced reflexes in the suit.

Here's your coupon.

Spoiler

The fact he could grow his head back is actually in the game ^_-
When you headshoot an enemy he will sometimes say "If you were me, it would grow right back" -_^

For the rest I just imagined them ^^

• Honored Donor

Uhuh, well imagination doesn't count in this debate, nor do Sang's obvious attempts at humour Posted Image

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostMicky C, on 06 September 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

Spoiler

Seems legit. Reaaaally expired, but legit. :D

But, seriously... just free water? Well... it'll have to do. :D

Now, back on topic. I think that, with a full weaponry at start, Mikko would have a lot of chances to win. Just a scratch of his Red Materia Gun should be enough to kill a living being. :D

View PostRhaisher, on 07 September 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

Seems legit. Reaaaally expired, but legit. :D

But, seriously... just free water? Well... it'll have to do. :D

Now, back on topic. I think that, with a full weaponry at start, Mikko would have a lot of chances to win. Just a scratch of his Red Materia Gun should be enough to kill a living being. :D

Yet since there are 8 adversaries the damage dealt to each would be divided by 8 with a bonus applied to the one sustaining a direct hit; even though it's damn powerful having its damage split in 8 makes it a bit weak individually speaking >_>

• Honored Donor

The fight is intended to be one-on-one though.

I reckon I could take care of the gun before it's fully charged Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 07 September 2016 - 01:59 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

The actual list of character combat skill (including equipment), from top to bottom would be:

1) Zaxtor (killed hundreds and hundreds of enemies in Oblivion)
2) Mikko (He's a Cyborg)
3) Merlijn (Hella buff with hidden talent)
4) James (lots of combat experience in IW + limited regen)
5) Rusty (Immortal gunslinger who can reload a revolver in less than 2 seconds)
6) Micky (basically Gordon Freeman but not a mute)
7) Sang (Warlock with super magic powers)
8) ??? (the new character for the 3rd episode, not a super combat machine but has good survival instincts)
9) Geoffrey (Mainly a hacker with some light stamina augmentation and stuff)
10) Highwire (Still a good fighter, but not on the level of the others - more of a commander)

But when you put into consideration OTHER skills like engineering, squad commanding, hacking, magical skills than everybody is equal footing. Tony Stark would lose in a fist fight with Captain America or Thor but he's still one of the most important Avengers for his technical skills. The top 4 characters are the wrecking balls of the squad - the guys below are like surgical scalpals.

• Honored Donor

View PostJblade, on 07 September 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

Tony Stark would lose in a fist fight with Captain America or Thor

Uhuh, this video says different :D https://youtu.be/qnZt9PFFz2I?t=5m46s

But yeah on the grand balance the characters are fairly equal.

You are all unsure, roll a D20 for an insight check...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options