Duke4.net Forums: eDuke32 not recognizing Megaton installation - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eDuke32 not recognizing Megaton installation

User is offline   ashura252 

I understand this is a trivial issue because I can manually copy all the content out by myself, but at the moment, eDuke32 is not able to find my Megaton installation.
Should I be doing anything specific to enable this to occur?

I've only just recently installed eDuke32 for the first time in years, so I'm using:
EDuke32 r5845 (64-bit) C++ build
Compiled Sep  1 2016 18:37:58

and have got Megaton Edition content installed in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D

I also checked the 32-bit version of r5845, and an older version (r5775) with no success.

This post has been edited by ashura252: 02 September 2016 - 10:49 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Try going back to r5811. I have used that one for a long time with no serious issues.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The only idea I have is that you don't have the necessary data actually in your registry. This can happen if you migrate your Steam Library to a new installation of Windows and have Steam autodetect the games in your library when you either install Steam or add the library through the settings.

User is offline   ashura252 

View PostHendricks266, on 03 September 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

The only idea I have is that you don't have the necessary data actually in your registry. This can happen if you migrate your Steam Library to a new installation of Windows and have Steam autodetect the games in your library when you either install Steam or add the library through the settings.

Hmm, I don't think that would be the case, unless something was mixed up after installing Windows 10. That said, it was a fresh (same day) installation of Megaton edition.
Anyway, thanks for responding. I guess it bugs me a little less knowing is just some issue on my end :D
I'll also try out r5811 too, just in case.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options