Duke4.net Forums: Favourite Duke Nukem Forever Moments? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favourite Duke Nukem Forever Moments?

#1

Despite what the mixed to negative reception says, Duke Nukem Forever DOES have some very iconic and cool moments. So, with that said - what are your favourite DNF moments, including The Doctor Who Cloned Me content? My faves include that short sequence when Duke is fighting the Aliens in the Duke Burger while using sauce jars as cover, and the end game boss and the lead up to that.
3

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 4,725

#2

:rolleyes:
-2

User is offline   LkMax 

  • 273

#3

The credits.

Professional Lurker
-1

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 2,112

#4

-The Duke3D recap
-The Stadium
-Duke Burger
-The mine (though it was waaaaaay too small)
-The ghost town
-Stopping along the highway on the bridge for gas in the small office trailer
-The moon portion from the DLC


This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

1

User is offline   spessu_sb 

  • 51

#5

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 September 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

-The mine (though it was waaaaaay to small)


I'd like to see how much the rumoured "uncut version" had lenght on the mines section.

This post has been edited by spessu_sb: 02 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

0

#6

View Postspessu_sb, on 02 September 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

I'd like to see how much the rumoured "cut version" had lenght on the mines section.


Same here! I'd love to see all of the cut content from the current build, but unfortunately that is almost impossible.
0

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

  • 394

#7

Well, DNF made me a very happy man. I found the beginning portion very fun and well done, immersive and funny (to me, I know it's mostly not dug around here). When the alien invasion began it was pretty immersive, and I loved the level of interactivity. Stuff like picking up a little metal trophy and throwing it at an alien bastard, etc.

I dug the fun touches like the chica pics on computers and stuff, loved those funny arcade machines are really well done pinball machine. And honestly, I found the strip club scene pretty fun and well done. Also GTA for example had not had topless strippers yet in the series at that point, so I thought that was cool from a censorship/balls standpoint.

One touch I love is how the pipebomb works in this one, so fun. The little bit of the Duke Nukem theme it plays when you detonate it is awesome. I enjoyed a lot of the combat encounters, tough to pick the standout ones, I liked the OctaKing fight and Duke's great one-liner there.

It was just fun seeing some stuff from the DNF trailer actually in a game, though changed over time. The "What are you gonna do, save the whole world by yourself?" line, talking to General Graves, the President being involved etc. And the Vegas locations and vibe was fun and delivered for me.

Also thought the ending battle was pretty cool, I dunno I was just in a place where I was really appreciating and digging what they gave me. Kind of got chills fighting the Cycloid Emperor again.
2

User is offline   xMobilemux 

  • 932

#8

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 September 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

-The Duke3D recap
-Duke Burger
-The mine (though it was waaaaaay to small)
-The ghost town
-The moon portion from the DLC

All of these are favorites of mine as well, as well as The Strip Club in DNF and The Burning Bush in the DLC, hey I like strippers and playing with the minigames, sue me!
Also I loved the Monster Truck sections cause I'm a sucker for Monster Trucks.

The Stadium fight at the beginning though was a massive nostalgia bomb for me when I first played.

Posted Image
3

User is offline   fuegerstef 

  • 514

#9

Meat Grinder from TDWCM.

Because that was the (most obvious) part where the writing took Duke back from being Douche Nukem to Duke Nukem.

In the main game he likes the twins (which IMHO the original Duke would have never done). Here he sighs in disgust when their voices come from the toy car. At the same time the lines showed some kind of parody about white trash bimbos when the twins spoke.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 03 September 2016 - 01:11 AM

0

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

  • 394

#10

View Postfuegerstef, on 03 September 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

Meat Grinder from TDWCM.

Because that was the (most obvious) part where the writing took Duke back from being Douche Nukem to Duke Nukem.

In the main game he likes the twins (which IMHO the original Duke would have never done). Here he sighs in disgust when their voices come from the toy car. At the same time the lines showed some kind of parody about white trash bimbos when the twins spoke.


This is a fun/funny topic, so if I may inquire. Duke seemed to like any random woman in Duke 3D, including street walkers (no judgement implied she looked cute ;) ), I don't understand why he'd turn away two attractive blondes. Sure, their airheaded-ness was played up for comedy, but I don't think it's been established that'd be enough to dissuade or even bother Duke. They at least seemed to care about and like Duke, he could do worse. It's definitely adding our own interpretation thinking we know anything about what Duke would do in a genuine serious relationship, since he's never shown that.

I dunno, I kind of like the twins. Capture the Babe mode was funny.
0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

  • 514

#11

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 03 September 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

This is a fun/funny topic, so if I may inquire. Duke seemed to like any random woman in Duke 3D, including street walkers (no judgement implied she looked cute ;) ), I don't understand why he'd turn away two attractive blondes. Sure, their airheaded-ness was played up for comedy, but I don't think it's been established that'd be enough to dissuade or even bother Duke. They at least seemed to care about and like Duke, he could do worse. It's definitely adding our own interpretation thinking we know anything about what Duke would do in a genuine serious relationship, since he's never shown that.

I dunno, I kind of like the twins. Capture the Babe mode was funny.


I deducted this from the way Duke himself acts in DN3D. Although he is a walking prototype/parody of the 80s/90s action heroes he always shows some wit, IMHO. He's not a professor or intelectual, but he's not a dumb idiot but intelligent. And when he can have any woman ... why settle for the two most idiotic chicks in the "free world".

And generally the writing went from putting down other IPs ("Armor is for pussies") to sowething more intelligent too.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/
0

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

  • 394

#12

View Postfuegerstef, on 03 September 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

I deducted this from the way Duke himself acts in DN3D. Although he is a walking prototype/parody of the 80s/90s action heroes he always shows some wit, IMHO. He's not a professor or intelectual, but he's not a dumb idiot but intelligent. And when he can have any woman ... why settle for the two most idiotic chicks in the "free world".

And generally the writing went from putting down other IPs ("Armor is for pussies") to sowething more intelligent too.


Keep in mind he didn't settle for just those two women. I mean the canon is a bit wacky with say Duke's Digs, but there are a bunch of other gals involved. And in general Duke seemed to be in a very party crazy Vegas part of his life at that moment in time.
0

User is offline   deuxsonic 

  • 274

#13

I don't know that Duke is particularly smart but rather is very strong, unstoppable, and there's humor in that and the stuff that he says. The reason he could get any woman comes down to him saving the world and him being a beefcake I think. If you notice, the women around him generally aren't real smart either so they kind of fit.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 03 September 2016 - 03:48 AM

0

User is offline   spessu_sb 

  • 51

#14

View PostFrozenParticle, on 02 September 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

Same here! I'd love to see all of the cut content from the current build, but unfortunately that is almost impossible.


Hopefully one day it happens via it getting leaked, similarly like Half-Life 1 alpha/beta got leaked after 16years or so.
0

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

  • Music Producer
  • 519

#15

When Simone and Catherine sent the ark to space, only to realize he's not the copy that made it to the ark.

Oh wait wrong game!
1

User is offline   Jblade 

  • 1,384

#16

View PostMike Norvak, on 04 September 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

When Simone and Catherine sent the ark to space, only to realize he's not the copy that made it to the ark.

Oh wait wrong game!

thanks a lot man, I was hoping to forget that game but now I'm gonna go to bed thinking about it and have yet another existential crisis again :P
1

User is offline   Altered Reality 

  • 120

#17

View Postfuegerstef, on 03 September 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

And when he can have any woman ... why settle for the two most idiotic chicks in the "free world".

Someone who can have any woman can also afford to be picky and choose which woman to be with. Maybe the Holsom twins, besides being attractive, were also the only women he found who genuinely loved him, as opposed to just wanting a share of his money.

View Postfuegerstef, on 03 September 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

In the main game he likes the twins (which IMHO the original Duke would have never done). Here he sighs in disgust when their voices come from the toy car. At the same time the lines showed some kind of parody about white trash bimbos when the twins spoke.

He groaned when he drove the toy car because hearing random lines coming out of a car when you're trying to fight a war is distracting, no matter who you are.

If your brain tells you one thing and your heart tells you another, get rid of those silly doubts and listen to your brain.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 04 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

  • 514

#18

View PostAltered Reality, on 04 September 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

He groaned when he drove the toy car because hearing random lines coming out of a car when you're trying to fight a war is distracting, no matter who you are.


In your altered reality maybe. In normal reality he groaned because of the contents. ;) :)

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/
0

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

  • Music Producer
  • 519

#19

View PostJblade, on 04 September 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

thanks a lot man, I was hoping to forget that game but now I'm gonna go to bed thinking about it and have yet another existential crisis again :P


LOL. I remember when the night I finished the game I had a really weird dream about making multiple copies of my own self on floppy disks, it really caused me nausea in the dream WTF!!!??


This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 04 September 2016 - 09:00 PM

2

#20

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 September 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

-The Duke3D recap
-Duke Burger
-The mine (though it was waaaaaay to small)
-The ghost town
-Stopping along the highway on the bridge for gas in the small office trailer
-The moon portion from the DLC


Ghost Town all the way : D

It's a level that made it from early versions and it also had nice nostalgic music : P... It was the point I felt like I was playing a 90s Duke Nukem game...
Also the first battle at the stadium. The graphics there were amazing compared to other levels : O
And since it was the first level I played in the demo and after so many years I was actually playing DNF lol... I will never forget the feeling : P

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 10 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

1

User is offline   deuxsonic 

  • 274

#21

View PostMike Norvak, on 04 September 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

LOL. I remember when the night I finished the game I had a really weird dream about making multiple copies of my own self on floppy disks, it really caused me nausea in the dream WTF!!!??


But did it work? Nausea might be worth it if you ever need to restore from a backup which I'm sure everyone would love to do from time to time.
0

User is offline   PikaCommando 

  • 290

#22

The part where General Graves say "America is counting on you". It's just hilarious that America is the one in danger here, not the planet.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options