Duke4.net Forums: Cleaned up Endangered Species Hunter cover art - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cleaned up Endangered Species Hunter cover art

The following is a continuation of the discussion from this thread as I didn't wish to derail the main topic there.

A few days ago, Joe tweeted a very high resolution photo of the original Duke Nukem: Endangered Species Hunter cover artwork from the old 3DR lobby:
https://twitter.com/...187484731187200
https://pbs.twimg.co...AQbc7y.jpg:orig

I believe this is our best look of this art piece to date which unfortunately may never officially see the light of day, but of course, it's from a heavy angle with a bright flash illuminating the glass frame. Our own LGR/Clint/Phreakindee did his own cleanup of this photo here, but that still looks somewhat skewed and was downscaled by Twitter.

Hence, in the interests of preserving this art, I've attempted my own cleanup of Joe's photo, applying perspective correction to remove the skew and color correction to mitigate the flash while keeping it as high resolution as possible. I did my best to match this cover thumbnail as a reference as I believe that's the best (and only?) officially released version of the art. My end result is a 1236x1399 lossless png which can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing (3.38 MB)

And here's a preview hosted on Imgur (beware that Imgur tends to recompress large files, so use the above link if you want the guaranteed full lossless image):
Posted Image

On a side note, the signature on the image is "Gadino", meaning this cover was made by Victor Gadino who also illustrated the Zero Hour cover and promotional art. I'm clarifying this now as I had erroneously mentioned before that these were made by Robert Grace, the artist of the original DN3D cover.

And I don't mean to toot my own horn, but since it's somewhat related, I also previously did a high resolution scan and cleanup of the Duke Nukem Does the Internet book cover here.

This post has been edited by Marphy Black: 02 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   Steve 64 

I went to Joe twitter today and notice that I have been blocked by him, I have never talked to him or anything, I'm very confused about it Any-way Awesome clean picture.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

This is awesome thank you! It would be awesome if the Duke Nukem Time To Kill cover art could get the same treatment.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

That is some weird perspective stuff going on with that rifle firing
I like this cover though, very Duke3D ish while also making the point clear Duke is hunting Dinosaurs instead of Aliens

View PostDemon Duke, on 01 September 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

I went to Joe twitter today and notice that I have been blocked by him, I have never talked to him or anything, I'm very confused about it Any-way Awesome clean picture.

George B did the same to me lmao. No idea why.

The crocodile/alligator looks so happy

Posted Image

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 03 September 2016 - 06:38 AM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

American alligator. It's probably the easiest identified crocodilian from head shape.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options