Duke4.net Forums: Post your funny Duke Nukem 5 titles - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post your funny Duke Nukem 5 titles  "Post name suggestions of Duke 5 that sound cool/funny to you"

User is offline   spessu_sb 

I could start this by using these two, which are something in the lines of "Duke Nukem Forever".

Duke Nukem: High5 (high referring to some highway)
Duke Nukem: Hive5

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Duke Nukem VR is my favourite. Not particularly funny though, I admit.

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Duke Nukem: It's Time To Chew Ass

Duke Nukem: GO!

5 Duke 5 Nukem (like 2 Fast 2 Furious)

Duke Nukem: High 5, baby (high five is really the only pun that comes to mind :P)

Duke Nukem 5ever

Duke Nukem V:ery Groovy

I think Duke Nukem 5 will suffice, maybe with some cool subtitle. I think it's likely they'd just call the next one Duke Nukem, like with the new Doom and most sequels after a long time. or like that 2008 movie Rambo (which Duke quotes by the way).

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 29 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postspessu_sb, on 29 August 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

I could start this by using these two, which are something in the lines of "Duke Nukem Forever".

Duke Nukem: High5 (high referring to some highway)
Duke Nukem: Hive5

If you're going to name it after a highway, you might as well call it "Duke Nukem Route 25".

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMicky C, on 29 August 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

If you're going to name it after a highway, you might as well call it "Duke Nukem Route 25".

Duke Nukem 5: Suckin' Clits on Route 69

Duke Nukem 5 Feet Under.

Duke Nukem 5 Alive eeerh....I mean.. Dead.

Duke Nukem 5 Ways till Sunday.

Duke Nukem 5 Dollar Haircut.

Duke Nukem 5 Finger Discount.

Duke Nukem 5 Times the fun.

Duke Nukem 5 Shots and a Beer.

Duke Nukem Five sheets to the wind.

OK I'll stop.

I'd actually love it if they just called the next one Duke Nukem 7. Because 7 is cool and lucky so it fits, and it's just funny skipping numbers. Like Leisure Suit Larry did one time etc.

Duke Nukem 5 Girls 5 Cups

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

This thread become a big mess. Well... whatever.

Hehehe, what a mess

User is offline   Jolteon 

Duke Nukem: Clean up on Aisle 5.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Duke Nukem: ReVenge

Duke Nuke 5D or VD (venereal disease)

User is offline   Kathy 

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem: True Room Over Room

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 29 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostKathy, on 29 August 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Duke Nukem

When did the trend of calling reboots/remakes/sequels by the first installment in the series start exactly? I remember they did it with Rambo and it would seem in both film and gaming it has become a deeply entrenched practice. Rocky Balboa, The Thing, DOOM, Prey, Unreal Tournament, Wolfenstein, and so on. The confusing bit is that it makes discussion of a game harder because it's easy to get the original and the new one mixed up unless there's some extra identifier put on it that wasn't part of the official title, like "Wolfenstein (2009)". I don't mind them simply being numbered although admittedly after a certain number it does start to sound silly. I think those who go back to the original name are hoping that people have forgotten about the original or think that their audience is too young to have seen/played the original. Wolfenstein 2009 was actually a direct sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, DOOM is a reboot, the second reboot of the game in a row, and Prey is something totally different.

It can definitely be a little confusing. I guess they just think the simpler title with the well known brand is more marketable, for new people to hop on. Who knows if that's true.

Since there hasn't been a Duke Nukem called just that in 25 years, I wouldn't mind if they went with that. Though if they called a new game "Duke Nukem 3D" that would just be too confusing and weird. :D

Duke Nukem 38DDD then.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 30 August 2016 - 03:22 AM

User is offline   ashura252 

View Postdeuxsonic, on 29 August 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

When did the trend of calling reboots/remakes/sequels by the first installment in the series start exactly? I remember they did it with Rambo and it would seem in both film and gaming it has become a deeply entrenched practice. Rocky Balboa, The Thing, DOOM, Prey, Unreal Tournament, Wolfenstein, and so on. The confusing bit is that it makes discussion of a game harder because it's easy to get the original and the new one mixed up unless there's some extra identifier put on it that wasn't part of the official title, like "Wolfenstein (2009)". I don't mind them simply being numbered although admittedly after a certain number it does start to sound silly. I think those who go back to the original name are hoping that people have forgotten about the original or think that their audience is too young to have seen/played the original. Wolfenstein 2009 was actually a direct sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, DOOM is a reboot, the second reboot of the game in a row, and Prey is something totally different.

The earliest ones I can think of are NInja Gaiden (2004), which I guess is specifically a reboot and can get away with it, and Sonic The Hedgehog (2006).
But of course you've also got things like Prince Of Persia (2008), Turok (2008) and Medal of Honor (2010).

Now that you've got me thinking about it, it really does happen a lot nowadays and has been popular for a while.
...Tomb Raider (2013), Shadow Warrior (2013), Thief (2014), Star Wars Battlefront (2015), Hitman (2016)...

I understand why reboots happen, but I can't help but think it's even less creative just to use a name that has already been used. All it does is add confusion.
Games like Deus Ex were "rebooted" without resorting to that.

I get the feeling it happens a lot more often in games, too, when compared to movies. Movies seem less afraid of sequels that follow long periods of time, in general. At least Rocky Balboa added a little distinctive element to the title.

Maybe they could just call every single Duke Nukem game "Duke Nukem Forever" from now on.

This post has been edited by ashura252: 30 August 2016 - 04:04 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

If Battlefield and Xbox taught me anything, is that things could be even worse than that. They literally called the 5th and 4th installments (respectively) as "the first" calling them Battlefield One and Xbox One. (Battlefield can argue that "one" refers to the first world war, but that's still a stupid name).

User is offline   ashura252 

View PostLkMax, on 30 August 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

If Battlefield and Xbox taught me anything, is that things could be even worse than that. They literally called the 5th and 4th installments (respectively) as "the first" calling them Battlefield One and Xbox One. (Battlefield can argue that "one" refers to the first world war, but that's still a stupid name).

Xbox One is the 4th Xbox? :D

This post has been edited by ashura252: 30 August 2016 - 04:05 AM

• Honored Donor

Did really no one like/comment on my math joke?

View Postdeuxsonic, on 29 August 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

When did the trend of calling reboots/remakes/sequels by the first installment in the series start exactly?

Hollywood's been doing it with movies for decades and decades. Just now there's been a remake of the 1959 Ben Hur, which is itself a remake of the 1925 silent film.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood was the one who started it. I love how it wasn't XBOX 2 but rather XBOX 360 because Sony was releasing the Playstation 3 and 2 is less than 3 so they had to concoct a whole story about why the name was so unusual, and then they made it even worse with #3 as One. So we went from XBOX to XBOX 360 to XBOX One.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 29 August 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

It can definitely be a little confusing. I guess they just think the simpler title with the well known brand is more marketable, for new people to hop on. Who knows if that's true.

Since there hasn't been a Duke Nukem called just that in 25 years, I wouldn't mind if they went with that. Though if they called a new game "Duke Nukem 3D" that would just be too confusing and weird. :D

Well, there was the Game Boy game called just "Duke Nukem" which was released just 18 years ago. :D And I guess technically the first game's name wasn't even Duke Nukem as it was divided into episodes with their own names.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go with just "Duke Nukem", as it signals sort of a fresh start even if it's not a "reboot" or remake.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 30 August 2016 - 04:25 AM

• Honored Donor

I wouldn't mind too much if they did call it Duke Nukem. Doom is an extremely popular game, with all games in the series being in the same genre, so it both lacks sense in terms of justification for the marketting aspect of calling the new one "Doom", and makes it frustrating on a regular basis to refer to either the 1st or 4th game. Similarly Shadow Warrior is a relatively obscure game.

Duke Nukem 1 on the other hand is an ancient game in a completely different genre to FPS. Plus there will be very few people (who weren't around during the release of the original) who would actively go out of their way to play it or even search for it. Relatively speaking of course.

I never would have gotten the math joke. Math has never been an easy subject for me.

EDIT: Alright I see it now. This depends on how you pronounce "route" as there are 2 correct pronunciations. Root of 25 is 5.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 30 August 2016 - 04:36 AM

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 29 August 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

5 Duke 5 Nukem (like 2 Fast 2 Furious)

Duke Nukem 5ever

Those are pretty nice :D

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 29 August 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

I think Duke Nukem 5 will suffice, maybe with some cool subtitle. I think it's likely they'd just call the next one Duke Nukem, like with the new Doom and most sequels after a long time. or like that 2008 movie Rambo (which Duke quotes by the way).

Hoping it will be faithful in gameplay to Duke3D and also tone. So that it's more on the serious side unlike DNF..

I used a highway reference because of need of having that "hi five" pun..

View PostCaptain Massive, on 29 August 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

Duke Nukem 5 Feet Under.

Duke Nukem 5 Ways till Sunday.

Duke Nukem 5 Shots and a Beer.

OK I'll stop.

Those are quite creative. I think 5 Feet Under could actually even work as a title.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options