• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Valhalla 

NUKEMDAVE, on 02 October 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

What's funny is that a brand new, official episode for Duke3D had crossed my mind a couple of years back, but I was imagining it happening with Megaton Edition and being developed by the community. I was thinking maybe a Halloween-themed expansion pack or something. I'd prefer that over World Tour. If it wasn't for the original level creators returning to build these new levels in World Tour, I'm pretty sure I'd have zero interest in buying the game.

Damn, now I really want a Halloween themed expansion in the vein of Nuclear Winter/Duke Carribean. Hell I'd chip in significantly to have a company make a classic "big box" for it. Imagining vampire liztroops with capes, werewolf pigcops, and a Frankenstein battlelord that shoots electric bolts. XD

This post has been edited by Valhalla: 03 October 2016 - 01:20 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

It would indeed be a rad expansion!!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Valhalla, on 03 October 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

Damn, now I really want a Halloween themed expansion in the vein of Nuclear Winter/Duke Carribean. Hell I'd chip in significantly to have a company make a classic "big box" for it. Imagining vampire liztroops with capes, werewolf pigcops, and a Frankenstein battlelord that shoots electric bolts. XD

Spooky Dukey?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Duke Spookem

• el fundador

Tea Monster, on 03 October 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

Duke Spookem

That sounds a lot better than my other idea, "Spook Nukem", which just sounds like something else entirely.

Spookie Dookie 3D by Brownfarted, published by Interceptic and Smearbox.

• Polymancer

LOL, probably too late for this year, but approach Gearbox about making an 'official' expansion. Show them how it should be done ;-D

TerminX, on 03 October 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

That sounds a lot better than my other idea, "Spook Nukem", which just sounds like something else entirely.

User is offline   LkMax 

Tea Monster, on 03 October 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

LOL, probably too late for this year, but approach Gearbox about making an 'official' expansion. Show them how it should be done ;-D

Do you want to spend time and effort producing something to then be blocked by Gearbox? because that's all you'd get from them officially.

• Polymancer

LkMax, on 03 October 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

Do you want to spend time and effort producing something to then be blocked by Gearbox? because that's all you'd get from them officially.

No, you'd make a proper pitch to create a package that they could issue as DLC.

Found this online:

User is offline   LkMax 

Tea Monster, on 04 October 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

No, you'd make a proper pitch to create a package that they could issue

Like the "Hail To The King Collection"? Oh wait...

This post has been edited by LkMax: 04 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

User is offline   Valhalla 

LkMax, on 04 October 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Like the "Hail To The King Collection"? Oh wait...

Big difference between releasing the retail games, and a mod. I for one "HATE" gearbox, but you slap them in the face with the prospect of money, they would likely take it, especially if it requires no real effort on their part, you know... like colonial marines.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

you mean exactly like hail to the king. It's sitting there in a near complete state somewhere because of gearbox. i hope they release the plug n pray stuff sometime.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Both the Duke64 and Plug N Pray (Total Meltdown - I tried typing just TM but it came out like this: ™ Neat!) mods were always meant to be released on their own for free. HTTKC was just all of that plus the actual game and its expansions being sold for profit, which Gearbox nixed.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 05 October 2016 - 05:22 AM

• el fundador

HiPolyBash, on 05 October 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

you mean exactly like hail to the king. It's sitting there in a near complete state somewhere because of gearbox. i hope they release the plug n pray stuff sometime.

It's not really their fault that Scott made a mistake with the license. :/ I wish they would have allowed me to publish it anyway, but they weren't obligated to. They decided to work with me on some other stuff and ended up paying me something regardless. I really can't harbor any hate for them over it.

MusicallyInspired, on 05 October 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

Both the Duke64 and Plug N Pray (Total Meltdown - I tried typing just TM but it came out like this: ™ Neat!) mods were always meant to be released on their own for free. HTTKC was just all of that plus the actual game and its expansions being sold for profit, which Gearbox nixed.

HTTKC had changes made to both of those. Widescreen versions of DN64's weapons had to be made, a whole new set of weapon wheel graphics was needed because all the weapons are different, skyboxes were created, etc. Fox wants the mods to be 100% accurate to the source material and HTTKC was aiming to make things more accessible instead.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's one thing to make highres stuff, but creating game assets that look original/classic may even be harder. While it's great that we get some of this stuff for free now, it's also sad that the effort was invested without money going where it was needed. I hope you guys don't get discouraged by this unfortunate outcome and keep making these amazing contributions to the game.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

TerminX, on 05 October 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

HTTKC had changes made to both of those. Widescreen versions of DN64's weapons had to be made, a whole new set of weapon wheel graphics was needed because all the weapons are different, skyboxes were created, etc. Fox wants the mods to be 100% accurate to the source material and HTTKC was aiming to make things more accessible instead.

That makes sense. My main point was that Plug N Pray was not going to be exclusive to HTTKC.

• el fundador

MusicallyInspired, on 05 October 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

That makes sense. My main point was that Plug N Pray was not going to be exclusive to HTTKC.

No, but HTTKC would have been the only way to legally play it aside from the original PlayStation release.

• The Sarien Encounter

Fair enough.

• The Truth is in here

Are there any efforts from Gearbox to acquire the PNP episode content made by TX's team, or are there any plans or intentions to do so?

Translates into: Any chances to have Plug 'n' Pray as DLC for World Tour one day?

User is offline   Lunick 

NightFright, on 05 October 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Are there any efforts from Gearbox to acquire the PNP episode content made by TX's team, or are there any plans or intentions to do so?

Translates into: Any chances to have Plug 'n' Pray as DLC for World Tour one day?

Considering Randy wants to make a compilation in the future and leave World Tour as it is...

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

NightFright, on 05 October 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

the PNP episode content made by TX's team

A PC release would have no relation with TX or the HTTKC. The maps were ripped by Nukey, and I doubt he would be interested.

User is offline   supergoofy 

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

Does this use eduke32 ? The renderer seems to be a modified version of polymer (?)

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 06 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

• The Truth is in here

I have read in the Steam forums that the World Tour renderer will require DX11. Had a good laugh after that (assuming/suspecting it's true).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 October 2016 - 05:44 AM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

It does not use known EDuke32 code (if it does its a secret to the EDuke32 developers!). As far as anyone knows it's completely re-engineered and using DirectX.

User is offline   BoowHow 

NightFright, on 06 October 2016 - 05:43 AM, said:

The World Tour renderer will require DX11.

I guess I won't be able to play it even if I want.
(I still use Windows XP Posted Image)

User is offline   Kathy 

The greater problem with DX11 is lack of multi-platform release on PC. There's really no excuse. GBX should have just payed Silverman and others.

Am I missing something, are people confusing DX11 with DX12? DX12 is the latest one and the one that requires Windows 10 (Quantum Break requires it for example). It would be silly and ridiculous if this game required that, but DX11 is what games have used for years.

We've known about this game's requirements for a while, DX11 etc, it's on the steam page.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 06 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

PsychoGoatee, on 06 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Windows 10 (Quantum Break requires it for example).

It's now listed as "OS: Windows 7 - 64 bit". Changed their plans I guess.

Daedolon, on 06 October 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

It's now listed as "OS: Windows 7 - 64 bit". Changed their plans I guess.

Right on, maybe they patched in that later on.

For the DX11 thing, for the record, that works with Windows Vista, an operating system that was released in January 2007, nearly 10 years ago. Duke World Tour requires Windows 7, which is 7 years old at this point. I can see some people being bothered by it, but I don't think it's very unusual or awful. It is a new game release, with a newly made renderer.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 06 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options