• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Master O 

View Postgemeaux333, on 30 November 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

It is well know fact that french is considered the most beautifull language in the world, that doesn't mean every single french people speak french the most beautifull way everyday...

The most beautiful language in the world isn't French.

It's Italian. :rolleyes:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMaster O, on 01 December 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

The most beautiful language in the world isn't French.

It's Italian. :rolleyes:

BEEP-A-DA-BOOPIE-AHHH-SPAGHETTIEMEATBALLL-A!!!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 December 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

Foggedaboudit

User is offline   gemeaux333 

This is what I am talking about :

https://youtu.be/bLMlcuUPpx8?t=318

User is offline   Master O 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 December 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

You know nothing about Italian culture.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMaster O, on 02 December 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

But you do realize where that line comes from, don't you?

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postgemeaux333, on 02 December 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

This is what I am talking about :

https://youtu.be/bLMlcuUPpx8?t=318

I must say that both the French and Spanish Dukes seem to sound better than the German and Italian versions.

The Spanish one sounds like he could be some kind of Duke's evil twin.

The French Duke is dubbed by Daniel Bereta, the official dubber of Arnold Schwartzenegger on the true-french side

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

for me, all five sound fine. There's not a huge deviation with short little one-liners.
Longer sentences and strings of sentences are where the speed, tone, accent, and inflections make a difference. If something was written French, it's going to sound better when spoken in French.
One of the best movies I ever seen was a cheesy 1970's Japanese martial-arts movie dubbed in Spanish. Didn't understand a damn thing, but I laughed a lot.

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 December 2018 - 11:04 PM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postgemeaux333, on 03 December 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

The French Duke is dubbed by Daniel Bereta, the official dubber of Arnold Schwartzenegger on the true-french side

I checked this guy out, here's his page with a photo:
https://www.behindth...Daniel-Beretta/

While he doesn't exactly look like Jon St John he seems like he could be coming from the same mould to me :rolleyes:

Here's an interview (just to listen to his voice):

Would be great if he could dub Duke in the upcomming movie !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 04 December 2018 - 09:30 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMaster O, on 02 December 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

FFFFFF-AHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahaa....

Go have some ziti, and chill out. Posted Image

User is offline   Tekedon 

Bought this game on sale, I can still notice there is a fair bit of mouselag when aiming. I really thought this would be fixed by now. That sucks.

User is offline   axl 

View PostTekedon, on 29 December 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Bought this game on sale, I can still notice there is a fair bit of mouselag when aiming. I really thought this would be fixed by now. That sucks.

Yes unfortunately. And moreover, the weapon wheel is terribly slow... I know this has been posted before, but I sill can't believe they didn't fix these issues.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Par for the course nowadays. I finally played through Bioshock Remastered recently. There is a bug in the game in the medical pavillion. The game will crash, and it erases your save game. I thought that since the game came out in 2016, that all these problems will be patched, right?

WRONG!

Once they got their money from the initial sales of the game, no thought was put into keeping up with bug fixes. I experienced one of a slew of game-breaking bugs that plague that title still to this day.

Welcome to the new AAA attitude to games and gamers. Patching bugs is taking people away from valuable work, such as carving chunks off of a finished game to make DLC packs. Since accountants and middle-managers took over the games industry, it's all gone to hell.

So no, I'm not at all surprised that GBX haven't continued to keep up with patching and bug-fixing.

User is offline   axl 

View PostTea Monster, on 29 December 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Par for the course nowadays. I finally played through Bioshock Remastered recently. There is a bug in the game in the medical pavillion. The game will crash, and it erases your save game. I thought that since the game came out in 2016, that all these problems will be patched, right?

Ha, don't tell me about the 2 Bioshock Remasters... I have rarely seen such un-optimized games... And indeed, they patched the games different times and it still runs like a turd.

This post has been edited by axl: 29 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

User is offline   VGA 

View PostTekedon, on 29 December 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

It took eduke32 a few centuries to code in accurate mouse turning but they did it and it's finally smooth. Better play the new episode on eduke32 with that compatibility mod. Oh and the old ones with the Polymer renderer so the new lighting kicks in :)

The World Tour engine will never be updated, forget about it, just use its data.

User is offline   Forge 

Welcome to the new AAA attitude to games and gamers. Patching bugs is taking people away from valuable work, such as carving chunks off of a finished game to make DLC packs. Since accountants and middle-managers took over the games industry, it's all gone to hell.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Man why can't pirate games get a break?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

When nobody gives a shit and is totally fine with it (people even justify it sometimes or make stupid excuses) this shouldn't surprise you. Big companies in general make money from exploiting idiocy and strong loyalty of Westerners anyway, especially in tech industry, hence a lot of big Japanese companies ditched Japanese for Western audience as well: Capcom, Bandai Namco, Sony, Square Enix, you name it. The real problem is that people let companies get away with this crap.

I'm really tired of video game industry particularly, to the point my enthusiasm about games is getting lower and lower.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I blame the fucking casuals.

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostJimmy 100MPH, on 30 December 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I blame the fucking casuals.

This bullshit have begun long before there were the fucking casuals. It wasn't the casuals who pressed shittons of money into Gabe Nevells ass, and defended his moneymilking machine against every critic.

Its like Tyler McVicker (Valve News Network) said : players can't always vote with their wallets...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postcybdmn, on 31 December 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

This bullshit have begun long before there were the fucking casuals. It wasn't the casuals who pressed shittons of money into Gabe Nevells ass, and defended his moneymilking machine against every critic.

Yes they did. The casuals are what watered down the industry. There used to be massive pushback against Valve and Steam. I didn't even officially adopt steam until like 2007 because it's pleb shit. I don't need a front end to launch games. I wouldn't even blame console gamers either, because even their preferences have been overruled by casuals.

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostJimmy 100MPH, on 31 December 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Yes they did. The casuals are what watered down the industry. There used to be massive pushback against Valve and Steam. I didn't even officially adopt steam until like 2007 because it's pleb shit. I don't need a front end to launch games. I wouldn't even blame console gamers either, because even their preferences have been overruled by casuals.

Guess what, i still didn't adopt steam as of today. The casuals adopted what the hardcore gamers have set as a standard, and this is steam. Again, not the casuals ruined the gaming ecosystem, they just followed your footsteps. Casuals don't make a decision, they just take whats there, you made a decision, which leads to what's there for the casuals to use.

User is offline   Forge 

casuals are the ones that complained that games were too hard - and that new games were too hard to learn - then they began waving their money around

now we have a bunch of empty eye-candy linear check-point hand-holding games that all came out of the same cheap mold. The only customization the player has is if the character's hair is pink or green and that they can buy from a loot box a special helmet to fit over their man-bun beehive hairdo.

casuals are why games are now aiming for the mobile phone market and china

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostForge, on 01 January 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

casuals are the ones that complained that games were too hard - and that new games were too hard to learn - then they began waving their money around

Oh yeah, i remember the mass demos of casuals in front of EA and Activisions HQs, where hundreds of thousands casuals demanded the next Call of Honor to be less hard, with their wallets in their fists.

Really, i can't stand this whining. If you didn't like whats on the market, don't buy. It's as simple as that.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Who says any of us have? I certainly haven't....I'm confused, which side are you arguing for?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 January 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Who says any of us have? I certainly haven't....I'm confused, which side are you arguing for?

Is there only this side and the other? All i say is, stop buying if you don't like what's offered. All the bullshit that is going on in the gaming industry started long before this ominous casuals, whoever they might be.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Yeah, filthy casuals are filthy, but don't you DARE be giving those peasants a free ride there!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 01 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options