Duke4.net Forums: 30 minutes of Goldeneye XBox Live Aracade Remaster - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 minutes of Goldeneye XBox Live Aracade Remaster  "Brand new footage unearthed"

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Damn. Why wasn't this released?

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Licensing issues. :P

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nintendo. That's all.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 23 August 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Damn. Why wasn't this released?

Microsoft, Nintendo, MGM (who I believe has the overall film rights) and Activivision (at the time) all had rights, but obviously they didn't all want to play ball.
That's why Perfect Dark which was remade in the same exact fashion got released on 360; it was Rare's property and no one else ever had rights to it.

Seeing this just makes me want a remake of the far superior Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect, to be honest. They have aged a lot better.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 23 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Would've been great, I love that Perfect Dark port they did for Xbox live. That GoldenEye Source mod (5.0 hit recently) is a pretty cool GoldenEye 64 inspired multiplayer game at least.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 23 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

But it handles nothing like the mechanics of the original, which was half of what was so fun about it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Damn thats really dumb. They could have made plenty of money off of this.

I know people probably don't think highly of it, but I enjoyed the remake/reboot that originally came out on Wii and then for 360/PS3.

And no, I'm not talking about Rogue Agent with its cool premise but weird as fuck crosshair is near the top of the screen crappiness *shudder*

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 23 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 23 August 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

But it handles nothing like the mechanics of the original, which was half of what was so fun about it.

It's got a bit of the charm, for me anyway. I love the old split-screen action, this plays in a style at a middle point between a source game and GoldenEye 64. I dig the latest version, nice smooth gameplay. Not quite the same thing, but for me it scratches some of that itch. But I do also have an n64 and Perfect Dark on 360 for when the occasion arrises.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDuke Rocks, on 23 August 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

Licensing issues. :P

Story of the last couple years of my life.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHulkNukem, on 23 August 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

I know people probably don't think highly of it, but I enjoyed the remake/reboot that originally came out on Wii and then for 360/PS3.

And no, I'm not talking about Rogue Agent with its cool premise but weird as fuck crosshair is near the top of the screen crappiness *shudder*

I've got this. With the golden classic controller and everything. Still haven't finished it. There were a lot of nostalgic moments. It wasn't the same, but it was good in the same way that Goldeneye 64 was good. Just different. I was interested in getting the PS3 HD remaster because I thought there were improvements because of an original engine instead of a licensed one that the Wii version used. However I hear that the Wii version is still better somehow?

I also had Rogue Agent for the Gamecube. It started out like it was going to be great. But quickly got boring. I traded it in years ago towards something else. Don't remember what now.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Thanks Nintendo, you really are a saint for putting the kibosh on this. Is there anything they can't ruin?

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostHulkNukem, on 23 August 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

Seeing this just makes me want a remake of the far superior Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect, to be honest. They have aged a lot better.

Agreed! The recent Homefront: The Revolution, a team comprised of Free Radical-vets, includes the Chicago and Siberia levels from TS2 perfectly emulated as an Easter egg. It was such a joy to play through those with a mouse and keyboard. I believe Crytek own the rights to the series now.

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 23 August 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

Agreed! The recent Homefront: The Revolution, a team comprised of Free Radical-vets, includes the Chicago and Siberia levels from TS2 perfectly emulated as an Easter egg. It was such a joy to play through those with a mouse and keyboard. I believe Crytek own the rights to the series now.

And I have no faith in Crytek; instead of them acquiring Free Radical and quickly remastering Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect and making a quick buck, they had them start work on Homefront (which they had to sell off before it was even completed) which was a sequel to a game that is generally viewed negatively, while they themselves worked on Ryse as a console exclusive that nearly bankrupt them.
It would've cost far less to throw a remastered TS2/FP onto 360 and PS3 and get a payout that would've at worst paid for itself (which means their staff would've actually been paid instead of what really happened) and at best would've showed enough interest for a full blown sequel.

I also don't think the fan remake will even see the light of day, and if it does, it will be incredibly barebones. What they've shown looks neat though

*rant*

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 24 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options