Duke4.net Forums: EARTH 2140/2150/2160 corner - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EARTH 2140/2150/2160 corner

User is offline   gemeaux333 

A great RTS series, made by Topware Interactive (Two Worlds), more than another C&C clone (when it come to EARTH 2140 especially) it have the particularity to have a rich and complex research system and tons of tactical options thanks to a gameplay rich and complex too (especially for EARTH 2150 and it's expensions) !
Most of the games were not that hard, except EARTH 2140 and EARTH 2150 expension THE LOST SOULS (compared to the original game and the expansion THE MOON PROJECT, it is not about massively bashing the front door, and the AI regularily get backup, and after each level the enemy bases get more fortified and the backups more important and numerous and since the 2nd campaign the AI doesn't even go bankruptcy again)!
The only frustrating point is the actual end of the series, because EARTH 2160 end on a cliffhanger !

User is offline   Loke 

Yeah, 2150 was great fun for me as a kid. The Eurasian Dynasty were my favourite faction mostly due to their amazing laser cannons. Spent most of my time building new tanks and equipping them with huge ass cannons. Good times.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I know there were two different demo versions of Earth 2140, one distributed by TopWare and another by Interplay. The missions seem to be different in both. I've been able to track down a French copy of the TopWare demo on a couple of cover CDs. TopWare distributed said demo in English, German, French and Spanish (IIRC). The Interplay demo is available from numerous sources including FilePlanet

I find that the french dubbing of EARTH 2150 and it's expansions are better than the english dubbings (way more funny actually)

The Audio Lines :

Annoucer :

Miscellanious Units :

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

ED Units :

UCS Units :

LC Units :

More people here know the series ?

I recently send messages at Reality Pump about Earth 2170, they said the series is very popular but Earth 2170 will need a huge budget...
and when it comes to the possibility of crowdfunding Earth 2170 they said they have other priorities at the moment.

User is offline   Newken 

I was playing Earth 2140 on New Year's Eve, 1999. Good times. :P

At the time Earth 2150 was almost released !

User is offline   Newken 

Earth 2150 is good too. I haven't played Earth 2160 yet.

You should try, he is great too, but not as much as Earth 2150 and it's expansions...

User is offline   Newken 

Sure. I'm gonna replay Earth 2140 and 2150 first.

I am playing Earth 2150 The Lost Souls at the moment, this expansion is way more difficult that the rest of the series !

I an geomancien have decided to give a shot to Earth 2160

https://www.twitch.t...161?t=00h18m00s

Actually looks interesting.

it is, its like a precursor of Starcraft 2 (but comparing both would be like comparing apples and pears) with plethora of strategic options also thanks to the unit construction system with almost infinite possibilities, and you also don't need to worry much about the safety of your bases if you build defenses the efficient way (some are saying bases defenses are imba in the game while infantry units are insultingly squashy)
music is also the best part of the game

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 April 2021 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Not particularly a fan of the Earth series, but Warzone 2100, an earlier and also fully 3D RTS has been open source for a while and is regularly updated by a dedicated fanbase: https://wz2100.net/

Runs great on modern systems and is still fun to play!

In the spirit of Earth 2160, infantry units have actually only one legit/proven/efficient use : serve as pilots
infantry units gain experience (vehicles doesn't), infantry units of any type can be pilots if you staff them in vehicles and the infantry type doesn't matter when you staff them in vehicles as there is no bonuses of maluses bound to the infantry type, only the experience level of the infantry unit matter when you staff them in vehicles
you can replace a rookie pilot in a more powerfull/enhanced vehicle by a more experienced "pilot", and possibly swap them if they are both in vehicles

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 14 April 2021 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Man, playing Warzone made me realize why I hate RTS games. Shit always gets hectic and then I start sweating and getting nervous, having to keep track of everything that's going on. Same reason I don't play online shooters anymore. Didn't suck at them, but they also make my heart race to where I will even feel nauseous after a while. I game to relax mostly.

Used to want something tense and challenging when I was a kid, but now I'm an old fuck with enough challenges in my daily life...

This post has been edited by Immanuel Cunt: 15 April 2021 - 11:19 AM

there is still a fact that defy logic : bad RTS are always selling better and having more players than good/old school RTS...
-the rubbish Command and Conquer 4 have more players than Command and Conquer / Kane's wrath
-the rubbish Supreme Commander 2 have more players than Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 15 May 2021 - 03:05 PM

would it be possible to rename this topic in "The Topware Interactive/Reality pump corner" ? I ask because I would prefer to extend the topic to another series of their : "Two Worlds" rather than starting a new topic

View Postgemeaux333, on 22 December 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

would it be possible to rename this topic in "The Topware Interactive/Reality pump corner" ? I ask because I would prefer to extend the topic to another series of their : "Two Worlds" rather than starting a new topic

Two Worlds is the second most famous IP of Reality Pump/ Topware Interactive , and even sold better this far, Two Worlds 1 was meant to be the "Oblivion killer" in the first place, but failed, however Two Worlds 2 is much better and the 1rst DLC "Pirates of the Flying Fortress" improved upon it, the same can't be said for the 2nd and 3rd DLCs released after the 2nd bankrupt of Reality Pump in 2016 (the first was in 2001) "Call of the Tenebrae" and "Shattered Embrace" ... lets say : "Civvie/Gordon Ramsay would be happy" https://www.youtube....u5N22kdZ4AaABCQ ... just hope Two Worlds 3 will be better

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 23 December 2021 - 09:27 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options