Duke4.net Forums: (Release) L.A Terror - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(Release) L.A Terror

User is offline   DakMax 

Hello. My name is Daniel and i'd like to share my usermap with you. I'm new to the duke forums and i've been playing a lot of usermaps from here and i really liked them. I was inspired, so i started doing mapping myself, and i've been doing it for two years. I shared most of the maps with my friends, but this is the first one i'm not afraid to release on the forum.

For my first public release i have decided to make a simple straightforward city map. The storyline is basic too. Most of the action happens in the building which evil aliens have infested. The building contains some very important artifacts, and even a library with books from 16th century, and seems like aliens are planning to steal the artifacts and use them for some evil plan. Duke has to stop them.

I don't recommend playing in polymer, i think the map works the best in classic mode.

Please sorry my english, i'm from Lithuania. I hope you'll enjoy the map. Please tell me if you find any bugs or difficult moments. I also included a cool 8-bit song from nintendo game Return Of Joker

https://www.mediafir...qpbp29pkq9ofg7p

Preview screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kudos on your first release! Looks good, I'll give it a play in the near future when I get a chance!

User is offline   CruX 

honestly, it was fairly decent in the beginning.

Spoiler

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

Man, this is history in the making.

Spoiler

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostDr.Panico, on 29 July 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

Spoiler

https://forums.duke4...ookie-nukem-3d/

This post has been edited by Clifford the Big Red Deuce: 29 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View PostClifford the Big Red Deuce, on 29 July 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Well, from what i know, Terry WADs decieve the player into thinking they're going to play something serious.

Your TC, however, was pretty honest of its true nature from the beginning.

That was awesome. I certainly didn't regret wasting 90 seconds of my life on this.
There's even an easter egg!

Well, I played it. It is a Duke 3D map, therefore I don't regret having played it. Needs more zazz, perhaps.

User is offline   Polunka 

Yeah, a nice Terry map I guess :D Btw, the design of the non-joke part is really not bad for a first release (well, if it's even your first release for real, since I can't really trust any of your words after this B)) Also, at first it confused me that song's actual length was shorter than file's, but then I reached the end of the map.

View PostMister Sinister, on 29 July 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

There's even an easter egg!

I kinda don't get it tbh. Is it somehow linked with Randy Pitchford? :P

This post has been edited by Polunka: 30 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostPolunka, on 30 July 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

I kinda don't get it tbh. Is it somehow linked with Randy Pitchford? :P

Well, this map is definetely about taking it in the butt from Randy Pitchford, but I'm referring to...
Spoiler

User is offline   Polunka 

Huh, okay. Guess I should scour the map a bit more later.

EDIT: Found it (didn't hesitate to use noclip since I didn't really feel like searching for it after like 5 mins wasted on nothing :P )!

This post has been edited by Polunka: 30 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

View PostDakMax, on 29 July 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Hello. My name is Daniel and i'd like to share my usermap with you. I'm new to the duke forums and i've been playing a lot of usermaps from here and i really liked them. I was inspired, so i started doing mapping myself, and i've been doing it for two years. I shared most of the maps with my friends, but this is the first one i'm not afraid to release on the forum.

For my first public release i have decided to make a simple straightforward city map. The storyline is basic too. Most of the action happens in the building which evil aliens have infested. The building contains some very important artifacts, and even a library with books from 16th century, and seems like aliens are planning to steal the artifacts and use them for some evil plan. Duke has to stop them.

I don't recommend playing in polymer, i think the map works the best in classic mode.

Please sorry my english, i'm from Lithuania. I hope you'll enjoy the map. Please tell me if you find any bugs or difficult moments. I also included a cool 8-bit song from nintendo game Return Of Joker

So what was your inspiration for this map?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options