Duke4.net Forums: What if You could play as an Alien in a Duke Nukem game - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What if You could play as an Alien in a Duke Nukem game  "or in a mod"

User is offline   deuxsonic 

What would you do along with avoiding Duke? I guess it depends on what enemy you were.

View Postdeuxsonic, on 31 July 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

What would you do along with avoiding Duke? I guess it depends on what enemy you were.

You scatter interactive objects around the map to distract Duke.

User is offline   Loke 

Sort of like that, but the imp using all the normal weapons kind of doesn't make it feel much like you're an imp. Being able to cycle through enemies would allow you to control monsters with more devastating attacks like switching to an arch vile, you could totally annihilate the player.

View Postdeuxsonic, on 31 July 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

My first gut would be to try an approach where when you died you could pick a hive to respawn and based on some metric you had earned you can pick which alien you want to return as.

Leaving interactive objects behind as distractions is a genuinely excellent idea. Arranging a pool table to say "Die Nukem" for example (would have to be a prompt cause writing code to detect the player hand positioning balls would be stupid).

Perhaps the world is a bit like GTA... one zone is the "alien landing" zone and totally infested and almost no humans. However... in typical human fashion... not far outside of it people are still trying to go about their normal day. Except for there are EDF patrolling the streets along with random civilians... and Duke is out there... somewhere.

When you die you pick an alien species to spawn as and venture out of the "safe zone" into the "not yet conquered" territories. The more you can hurt Duke's ego without dying, the more you level up. So... kidnap and impregnate the women... and insult Duke out in the "not yet conquered" territories somehow. Figuring out how to infest and travel the unsafe zones is part of the game. Go.

This post has been edited by Wieder: 01 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

I'll play as the Queen. Her attack is largely unavoidable like the Arch-Vile in DOOM and she can crank out Protector Drones to attack Duke/humans.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 02 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

There was a Duke3D 1.5 mod where you could play as some of the aliens. You can also play as some of the aliens and other human characters in Zero Hour's multiplayer. If you use the Debug Menu cheat you can even play as other characters in singleplayer. I remember the pigcop is stronger and has more armour, but drowns instantly when in water. They all have little differences.

Why wasn't the Pig Cop in Duke Nukem 3D given the same type of shotgun as you, the tactical model instead of the farmer Ted special? Aren't some of the aliens prevented from even entering sectors with water?

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 24 August 2016 - 10:59 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options