Duke4.net Forums: Go to last post - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Go to last post

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

When you're in a forum, there's a small arrow in a circle next to the name of each thread that lets you go to the first unread post. This very same button is on the board index page but instead it goes to the very last post, regardless of what you've read. I swear it didn't do this previously, and only started displaying this behaviour a few weeks ago. There's no point to it, since it's fairly easy to navigate to the last post if you wanted to.

Can the button behaviour on the index page be changed to the "go to first unread post"?

User is offline   Kyanos 

When you're in a forum, there's a small arrow in a circle next to the name of each thread that lets you go to the first unread post.

In forums it's the same as the index page now. "go to last post"

I swear it didn't do this previously, and only started displaying this behaviour a few weeks ago.

Not sure about when it switched, but I remember the "go to first unread post" working a few months ago before I turned off cookies here.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It still goes to the first unread post for me.

• Honored Donor

In a subforum when you hold the mouse over the button, it says "go to first unread post". Yet on the home page it actually says "go to last post". Sounds like different people are having different behaviour. What's going on?

Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

When I press "view last post" it goes to the last post. When I press "go to first unread post" it goes to the first unread post. So it works as it should(per description) for me.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMicky C, on 28 July 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

In a subforum when you hold the mouse over the button, it says "go to first unread post". Yet on the home page it actually says "go to last post". Sounds like different people are having different behaviour. What's going on?

Posted Image

there are two buttons in the subforum index page - one on the left next to the thread title that is labeled 'go to first unread post'. The second button is on the right next to the date labeled ' view last post'

Apparently the button on the main page is reflecting the behavior of the button next to the date.

I didn't notice a behavior change myself because I hardly ever bother with those buttons, so I can't comment on it, but i think you're asking for the behavior of the main page button to change from one subforum index page button to the other (which makes sense if you're actually following the discussion in the threads)

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View New Content for the win.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHendricks266, on 29 July 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

View New Content for the win.

Noooooooooooo

*stubborn*

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Just ignore the Blue Lightning and CultureShock threads and you'll be fine.

Or,

>when you accidentally click on the CPAC thread and get batshit in your eyes

• Honored Donor

Silly me, looks like clicking on the thread name itself takes you to the first unread post. Should have tried that Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

You know how to control people, Micky.
Every time I see this theard, I do what you told. :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options