Duke4.net Forums: Subway Train Sounds - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Subway Train Sounds

The Subway Train Sounds are off. [ not the 2 way train the subway ]

For me it plays drums and odd music.

At 1st I thought it was something I downloaded, so tried an empty folder then verified files on steam, loaded up EDuke r5811 64bit clean and the same thing happens.

Played sound #75 in Mapster and its music. ( is this something I missed on my end, or is this a bug? )

Using Megaton Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition - duke3d.grp

Here's a map from MapFaq 2.1 with a subway for easy testing.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 24 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

You mean that STILL hasn't been fixed? Or are you using an older version of EDuke32. We need to know what revision you are using.

What is happening is Eduke32 is finding subway.ogg (music) in the megaton install and using it instead of subway.voc the sound. I'm saying that from memory, by the way (I hope the details are correct).

View PostTrooper Dan, on 24 July 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

You mean that STILL hasn't been fixed? Or are you using an older version of EDuke32. We need to know what revision you are using.

What is happening is Eduke32 is finding subway.ogg (music) in the megaton install and using it instead of subway.voc the sound. I'm saying that from memory, by the way (I hope the details are correct).

r5811 as stated above. Newest release.

I see Subway.ogg that must be it. ( Yep thats what its playing )

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 24 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

WTF? I thought I fixed this.

At this point I might as well remove sound.voc --> sound.ogg and only allow sound_voc.ogg.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHendricks266, on 24 July 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

At this point I might as well remove sound.voc --> sound.ogg and only allow sound_voc.ogg.

I don't understand why files in the megaton music folder would even be considered to replace game sounds. The path should be enough to exclude them, no?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Correct! With exception of the grabbag_voc.ogg naming pattern, which would not affect subway.voc.

View PostHendricks266, on 24 July 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Turns out I added an HRP music pack to Megatons gameroot folder, I did this so it didn't replace the ones Megaton came with (I think per its instructions but can't remember), and forgot it was in there since it seemed to be working fine.

Removing the subway.ogg from gameroot fixes it for me but I loose whatever HRP music I had in there for that level.

User is offline   Moggimus 

View PostCaptain Massive, on 25 July 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Turns out I added an HRP music pack to Megatons gameroot folder, I did this so it didn't replace the ones Megaton came with (I think per its instructions but can't remember), and forgot it was in there since it seemed to be working fine.

Removing the subway.ogg from gameroot fixes it for me but I loose whatever HRP music I had in there for that level.

It is still an issue, I noticed this about a week ago and I don't have any HRP content.

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postmoggimus, on 25 July 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

It is still an issue, I noticed this about a week ago and I don't have any HRP content.

If memory serves me correctly I thought this was a problem with having both Eduke and Duke Nukem Megaton installed on the same PC and it was referencing something from Megaton. Sorry I see I'm kind of late to the party.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 July 2016 - 08:20 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options