Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Instruction Manual Scan? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Instruction Manual Scan?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Does anyone know where I might find a scanned copy of the Duke Nukem Total Meltdown instruction Manual? I found one using Google, but it was in French.

I used to have a copy of it in pdf form, but that was a couple years ago.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I have a physical copy of the PAL version, but don't have a scanner.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I have a physical copy of the US version. Is there something in particular you're looking for it in or do you just want the scan? I don't have access to what I would consider a quality enough scanner for any kind of preservation work.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I could've sworn someone had scanned it as well as the guidebook. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I have the manual somewhere, and could probably scan it the ghetto way, as in take good pictures of each page.

Either way if someone could do it that would be great, because the PC manual is scanned and whatnot. It would be great for archival purposes.

• Judge Mental

Yeah, it's pretty much to have it back in my archives. Even a "ghetto" version of the thing would be good. If anyone wants to take a stab at it, that would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Tristan, where the F*CK did your avatar come from? That's badass.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 16 July 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

BTW, Tristan, where the F*CK did your avatar come from? That's badass.

https://forums.duke4...post__p__254560

Spoiler

User is offline   Jblade 

why does Duke look like he's jerking off an invisible dick in that picture

User is offline   HulkNukem 

That has to be the goofiest looking Duke I've ever seen.

User is offline   Malgon 

I'll take my copy (PAL version) in to work tomorrow and scan it in. Hopefully the quality will be alright. Stay tuned. :P

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Can someone scan the exclusive strategy guides of the PSX and 64 versions? These would be more interesting. :P

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Didn't Lunick already do that to get us the overhead maps of the maps, pre-Nukey?

User is offline   Lunick 

I only did the maps, not the whole guide. I don't have access to scanning stuff anymore though.

User is offline   Malgon 

So after a bit of mucking around at work today I managed to scan the instruction manual. I've uploaded two copies, the full quality (19.9MB) original scan and a smaller reduced quality (2.1MB) copy. Hopefully they will do the job nicely and be of decent enough quality. Enjoy! :P

User is offline   Fox 

I can't download with Mega, can you upload it somewhere else? I found a workaround. Still this put Mega on my blacklist.

This post has been edited by Fox: 18 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Too bad you don't live just a little closer to me Malgon, I'd give you my stuff to scan :P

View PostFox, on 18 July 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

I can't download with Mega, can you upload it somewhere else? I found a workaround. Still this put Mega on my blacklist.

You just need to have the MEGA plugin and it will download it through your browser. Pretty fast way of downloading even though I don't use MEGA very often.

User is offline   Malgon 

Sorry about the problems Fox, I'm not too sure what sites are any good for uploading files and was unaware of any plugins being needed. My browser must have downloaded what it needed to work. Glad you got it sorted out though. If anyone has a recommendation as to a better site I can put them there if it is easier. :P

Give it your best throw Lunick, it might make it across the water! :)

Seriously though, let me know what you have that you might like scanned as I could have some of the same stuff. I'm sure I have the two guides that Fox mentioned, so I probably could scan them as well. I'd likely have to go in to work on the weekend when I've got plenty of time to do it though, that is of course if it's cool to be scanning any of this stuff. What do you guys think about being allowed to scan any of this stuff?

• Judge Mental

View PostMalgon, on 18 July 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

So after a bit of mucking around at work today I managed to scan the instruction manual. I've uploaded two copies, the full quality (19.9MB) original scan and a smaller reduced quality (2.1MB) copy. Hopefully they will do the job nicely and be of decent enough quality. Enjoy! :P

Awesomesauce! Thank you! Very crisp scan.

User is offline   Malgon 

Thanks man, I'm glad that the quality turned out fairly decent.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMalgon, on 18 July 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

Sorry for the bump but it appears the links are no longer valid and I can't find the manual anywhere else.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 26 December 2022 - 08:21 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

I've just had a look and for whatever reason I haven't got a copy of the files here at home, but fortunately I do still have copies at work. If you're happy to wait until I'm back there in a couple of weeks then I can do a reupload for you, just let me know where's the easiest/best place to upload the files.

Ps. And maybe I'll save some copies here for myself! :P

View PostMalgon, on 27 December 2022 - 04:45 PM, said:

I've just had a look and for whatever reason I haven't got a copy of the files here at home, but fortunately I do still have copies at work. If you're happy to wait until I'm back there in a couple of weeks then I can do a reupload for you, just let me know where's the easiest/best place to upload the files.

Ps. And maybe I'll save some copies here for myself! :P

Yeah, I can wait. Thanks!

As for the best place, I'm not entirely sure yet. This is part of my ongoing quest for DN3D-related supplemental material.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 27 December 2022 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

Hey Ninety-Six, same as before I've uploaded a full quality (19.9MB) original scan and a smaller reduced quality (2.1MB) copy. Mind you these are only up for 30 days, so if there's any problems with downloading or a better site then I can upload again, although it looks like with your other thread you may have somewhere already to archive them for easy access (looks like Nightfright updated the HRP page with the other scans of manuals). Anyway, thanks for waiting! :)

View PostMalgon, on 10 January 2023 - 12:10 AM, said:

Hey Ninety-Six, same as before I've uploaded a full quality (19.9MB) original scan and a smaller reduced quality (2.1MB) copy. Mind you these are only up for 30 days, so if there's any problems with downloading or a better site then I can upload again, although it looks like with your other thread you may have somewhere already to archive them for easy access (looks like Nightfright updated the HRP page with the other scans of manuals). Anyway, thanks for waiting! :)

Thank you kindly! The collection is almost complete, now.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 10 January 2023 - 04:59 AM

User is online   ck3D 

Thanks for putting that one up, I had never seen it, and it's actually pretty great. The 'Who Is Duke Nukem?' section just had me rolling.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 11 January 2023 - 12:36 PM

User is offline   Fox 

We need scans of these exclusive strategy guides

This post has been edited by Fox: 11 January 2023 - 09:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options