Duke4.net Forums: Sega corner. - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sega corner.  "Discuss anything Sega related. Includes ports too!"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Sledgehammer, on 27 July 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

It's actually surprising that SEGA is caring about fans this time. That would be great if Gearbox allowed competent fans to work on something like that in regards of Duke, Duke community has as much talented people who could make very good Duke game on Build engine, Bombshell could easily be that game. Hopefully TX will influence Duke 3D re-release at least.

3DR has essentially done this by involving prominent Duke modders (and eduke developers) in the Bombshell prequel. Hopefully it's a sign that more companies will follow this idea, as they can pretty much guarantee they're taking on talented, passionate workers.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Just put a Sega Dreamcast on layaway, comes with one controller, a VMU, and Internet Browser disk, in the original box. Looking forward to when I can finally bring it home.

This post has been edited by Striker: 30 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

It's being done with the new Unreal Tournament but it may be a really long time before the game is "complete".

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

https://www.change.o...2-s-city-escape

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

New Sonic Mania footage (new level and playable Tails with Knuckles).

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks decent for once.

User is online   Lunick 

A repurposed Dust Hill Zone?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Probably a continuation of the scrapped Desert Dazzle assets from Taxman's 2011 Sonic CD.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

W E H A V E F I N A L L Y D I S C O V E R E D T H E E L U S I V E R 2

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 26 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Gotta give this plus points for not just being pure retro whoring, seems to be actually well done by people who know what they are doing while respecting the original material.
Happy to see that they've got a nice level of consistency with the themes, gizmos and enemies. So many fan games fall short on stuff like that and feel kinda hacked together.
Whole game seems to be designed with this pseudo-platform in mind, 3D that exists is simple, rotations exist but not too many of them.. generally doesn't go overboard with crap like particles and whatnot because no limits!

Hendricks266, on 26 October 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Probably a continuation of the scrapped Desert Dazzle assets from Taxman's 2011 Sonic CD.

It's actually both.

Shame there is no archive for videos (don't be surprised why the guy plays like shit, this is Polygon after all), but there at least it's possible to hear Mirage Saloon music (I like it even more than Studiopolis music, want to re-watch The Good The Bad and The Ugly again).

The game looks good because people who are making it love Sonic and most importantly they know how to do things right. If someone from Duke4 did new Duke game, the situation would be the same (see HTTKC).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 27 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

And this one, because I'm not allowed to post more than 2 videos.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Sledgehammer, on 27 October 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

If someone from Duke4 did new Duke game, the situation would be the same (see HTTKC).

;) We hope you feel the same about the Bombshell prequel.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Hendricks266, on 26 October 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

A repurposed repurposed Dust Hill Zone.

Hendricks266, on 27 October 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

I consider it Duke Nukem Mania.

Fox, on 27 October 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

A repurposed repurposed Dust Hill Zone.

I'm certain that one could derive something from the fact that Sonic fans would rather play the exact same thing over and over instead of doing something new. The question is, does it say more about the fan base, or more about the games? Hmm...

User is offline   LkMax 

We hope you feel the same about the Bombshell prequel.

I expect at least some oldschool non-linear level design (unlike DNF) and a final boss that can attack the player (unlike, well, you know what). ;)

High Treason, on 28 October 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

I'm certain that one could derive something from the fact that Sonic fans would rather play the exact same thing over and over instead of doing something new. The question is, does it say more about the fan base, or more about the games? Hmm...

Sonic 2006.
'Nuff said.
Some modern games were well regarded (Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations come to mind), so it's not like the fans only want the first three games or something.

That was ten years ago now.

The first three? Oddly, I have noticed Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) gets a lack of attention over the years, at least, compared to Sonic 2 and the first one. Unfairly so in my opinion, as it was probably the peak of Sonic's 2D games, they took what worked in the other games, as well as binning what didn't work (So, 90% of Sonic CD then) to make one huge game that was awesome.

Fuck Sonic, I'd kind of like to see another Ristar, but at the same time I like how the original is the only one (excluding the Game Gear version) so it's kind of unique.

Edit: Can't believe nobody posted this here yet;

By contrast, the game looks pretty good, I guess Sega wanted to get their fail quota over with before the game launches.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 28 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 29 October 2016 - 04:12 AM

User is online   Lunick 

Micky C, on 29 October 2016 - 04:12 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer Posted Image

• Auramancer

Posted Image
Just got this today.

This post has been edited by Striker: 29 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image
http://gematsu.com/2...rophies-surface

Posted Image
http://www.nintendol...cs_collection_2

• Auramancer

Nice, I really enjoyed the ports of Sonic 1 and Galaxy Force 2 already released on the 3DS.

Sonic Mania is looking excellent (they had a new trailer for the Nintendo thingy tonight), and that game Yakuza 0 looks like a good time (hitting later this month). Good ol SEGA!

User is online   Lunick 

That Sonic Mania is pretty old actually, there might be some more info about it tomorrow.

Sega has just announced a competitor to Nintendo's NES and SNES Classic Edition's; The Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) Mini.

https://www.gamespot...mpaign=homepage

Hoping It'll include Castlevania Bloodlines.

User is online   Lunick 

It's made by AtGames, don't look forward to it.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Am I the only one here who fucking hates Sonic Mania? That game is a fucking diarrhea mess.

It is, but it was nice to see someone actually acknowledge the Master System games for a change at least.

Nothing useful, but figured I'd share anyway because this is probably quite a rare thing, 59.94fps progressive capture from licensed hardware;
https://youtu.be/wrQCFURc2og
https://youtu.be/ee5HdIT4zcw

It's actually a little bit puke inducing, looks too sharp and breaks some effects, still vastly prefer composite, but it was nice to see it anyway. Unfortunately this had to be upscaled for YouTube to keep the full frame rate.

Person of Color, on 21 April 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

Am I the only one here who fucking hates Sonic Mania? That game is a fucking diarrhea mess.

No, I hate it too. It offers nothing new and it couldn't be a more blatant attempt by Sega to make money off people who shun innovation and want to play with the same shit over and over again.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options