Duke4.net Forums: "Caribbean" does not load properly... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Caribbean" does not load properly...

User is offline   Punktromic 

Hi! I'm a recent user of the EDuke port (I've been playing with JFDuke port last years) and after a lot of headaches trying to configure it, including the HRP, I managed to play with full features. I also read the wiki pages to get the "Caribbean" expansion working (the part that says I must put the VACA15.SSI file into the EDuke folder). After doing that I open the eduke32.exe to play it, but I'm surprised with what I see... The same sky and weapon look from the traditional version, not the "Caribbean" ones. I followed every instructions found from the wiki pages, forums, official HRP site, I also searched this forum, but I haven't found anything that could help me to solve this.

Here I attach the log file and a screen capture, so you can see what am I talking about.

I have the DUKE3D.GRP (Atomic Version) in the main EDuke folder, and these files in the "autoload" folder: duke3d_hrp.zip, duke3d_music-sc55.zip, duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.4.674.zip, z_pack-5.4.674.zip. All EDuke and "autoload" folder contents downloaded on 4-5 of july. I have Windows 7 SP1 and when I open the eduke32.exe, the system color settings change automatically to basic (usually I have Aero). I also had to add the "override" files of the HRP because when I put only the main HRP, I couldn't use Polymer (EDuke opened but then crashed).

Thanks in advance for your help. :P

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: fc.jpg

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Punktromic: 05 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

You say you are using the HRP but are you using the Caribbean HRP? If not then the regular HRP is overwriting assets that Caribbean uses.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

Thanks. That site sounds like another "headache" :P I don't know what SVN is or works, it seems some difficult to configure, and I can't found a simple file or zip to download, just a list of instructions, and this link http://svn.eduke32.com/vaca_plus/ to 3 subdirectories and a lot of files... I don't know what to download from this. Do I have to get all of them? Would you guide me to get my "Caribbean" to work with its HRP? Please explain this to me the simpliest possible way. Thank you in advance. :)

This post has been edited by Punktromic: 06 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Following the instructions on Hendrick266's download page should really be all you need to do.
Btw., the Vaca HRP isn't complete so don't be surprised when encountering low-res stuff (enemies, for example).

This post has been edited by LeoD: 06 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

At last I could manage to download and put the Caribbean HRP files into the EDuke folder. I run the "Caribbean Zoo" map/episode and run as expected. But when I tried to run the "Life's a beach" episode, EDuke was not responding, then loaded the first beach part and the balls were black, some weapons, and part of the sky looked "pixelated"... and then EDuke crashed... :P :)

Well guys, thank you for all your help. At least I know I can't play it the way it should be...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options