Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] The Root - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] The Root  "desert/tech frag-fest map"

User is offline   CruX 

View PostPaul B, on 10 August 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

Were you planning on making any future changes or updates to this map? I really enjoyed the style of the map and the music fits perfectly. I just playing the map but I haven't actually finished it yet. I managed to make it back from space but i'm not sure where to from there. In the process of back tracking I ended up in the area with the water sector and gear. Upon teleporting through the water with the spinning gear it killed me on the teleport or maybe i got squished. A little bit frustrating. Also I'm probably playing the map in Polymer and I saw a security camera showing a bunch of grey/black tiles i'm not sure what that is about? I'll try the map again in a different renderer next time.

are you playing on the most recent download? Because that issue with the gear should be fixed now, I just derped with the sector effectors on the first few versions. Also, yeah, the security camera in that lobby area will glitch if you're using polymer, at least according to NightFright. Not really anything I can do for that, but all it does is give you a hint at a combination lock at another part of the level that's not really essential to progressing in any way, so eh.

This post has been edited by CruX: 11 August 2016 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Polymer has some issue with camera messages under certain circumstances. Images and/or fonts get cut off or aren't shown at all. In this case, the symbols are only shown partially. Some other maps have this issue, too.

Regarding what the screen message is supposed to show: It is
Spoiler
It's up to you to figure out the rest. ^^

If you want to play the map without issues, better switch to software or at least Polymost.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 August 2016 - 04:25 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostCruX, on 11 August 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

are you playing on the most recent download? Because that issue with the gear should be fixed now,

I was using the link in your first post and I just downloaded it the other night.

User is offline   CruX 

^^ wish I could be more helpful, but I'm really not sure. I just spent like, 10 minutes jumping in and out of that sector trying to squish myself and couldn't make it happen. The proper release of the map should have a "created" date for 6/23/2016, does the map you're playing have that?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options