Duke4.net Forums: How to set up music packs? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to set up music packs?

User is offline   DUKEBR89 

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you set up Eduke32 to play music packs? I donwloaded the Roland SC-55 Music Packs v4.0 in ogg format, but I don't know where to place them. I read on Eduke32 wiki that you need to create a .DEF file, and write in this script which track should be played in each level. I couldn't understand how to accomplish that very well, and it looks to me a bit troublesome to do that manually. Is there a simpler way to set Eduke32 with custom music packs? Thanks in advance and thanks to Eduke32 devs and the author(s) of the Roland Sound Canvas music pack, it sounds awesome.

This post has been edited by DUKEBR89: 08 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

DUKEBR89, on 08 June 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you set up Eduke32 to play music packs? I donwloaded the Roland SC-55 Music Packs v4.0 in ogg format, but I don't know where to place them. I read on Eduke32 wiki that you need to create a .DEF file, and write in this script which track should be played in each level. I couldn't understand how to accomplish that very well, and it looks to me a bit troublesome to do that manually. Is there a simpler way to set Eduke32 with custom music packs? Thanks in advance and thanks to Eduke32 devs and the author(s) of the Roland Sound Canvas music pack, it sounds awesome.
Get your music pack[s] from the HRP download page. They are ready for use (put into autoload folder, only one at a time). If you don't use the HRP, open the newbie info section, get the Music-Only override, and add it to autoload.

User is offline   DUKEBR89 

Okay, so I now I have "duke3d_music-sc55.zip" and "duke3d_musonly.zip" inside "autoload" folder, is it all? Thank you for helping a fellow noob Duke Nukem 3D player.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

My OGG music pack on my website already has a music.def file inside it. The music tracks must be in the highres/music folder, though.

It was confusing for me too when I was trying to get OGG music working. It would nice if there was some installation uniformity to how these music packs get installed. Or better yet a installer :).

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

icecoldduke, on 08 June 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Or better yet a installer :).
No way. Twenty years of Duke3D gave us such an amount and variety of user created contents beyond vanilla maps, that there is no alternative to have the player take care of the used files/packs himself. No mod/addon installer will be able to deal with all the possible setups a user might have, but severely add more (noob) confusion when things don't turn out as expected. Just think of all these now useless BAT files which can't find duke3d.exe any more. A decent "Installation" section in the README is still the best you can get (and a link to these forums, of course :P ).

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I think it's easy enough.

HRP users:
1) Put desired music pack next to your HRP file in autoload folder.
2) That's it.

Non-HRP users:
1) Put music pack into your autoload folder.
2) Put the music pack override (duke3d_musonly.zip) into your autoload folder (next to your music pack file).
3) You are set up.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options