Duke4.net Forums: Windows Cannot Access the Specified File on every build I've tried - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows Cannot Access the Specified File on every build I've tried

As the title says whenever I attempt to launch either eduke32.exe or mapster32.exe It instantly errors out with the error "windows cannot access the specified device path or file." I've tried the newest build, past 4 builds before it, one from 2015, one from 2014 and two from 2012. It has no error logs since the program does not even start to the point it could possibly generate them. I'm on Windows 7 SP1, I've tried compatibility mode with 2000 and XP and have tried administrator privileges on all three. I checked the first 2 pages of this board and searched the specific error and found nothing directly related to it. It does this no matter if I have the game data in the folder or not, the game data is from Steam if that is somehow related.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

What is the folder path you're using?

I tried a few different ones after literally nothing else I tried worked. Nowhere I could think to put it helped but for reference I keep it primarily in its own folder on my C Drive. I've also tried doing what looked wrong and put it in the classic duke nukem 3d folder in the steam release and putting it on another drive. Same error no matter where I extract the newest one to. Folder path currently is C:\Users\*redacted*\Downloads\Games\Eduke32

This post has been edited by Axel the Inferno: 06 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options