Duke4.net Forums: How to disable cheats? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to disable cheats?

User is offline   pacman 

Sometimes I like to create a room and play DM or coop with random people along with my friends, you can find some random players that are good to play with, but other times they would cheat and ruin the match.
How can I disable the cheats so everyone is forced to play without cheats? Im using eduke oldmp. There must be some way to disable cheats CODES, this is pretty basic and all games have this. Usually its like sv_cheat or something along the lines.

This post has been edited by pacman: 29 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

User is offline   pacman 

Please anyone know how to do this?
People keep using dnkroz and dnstuff :)
Im using dukematcher to start the rooms.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I can't get cheats to work using eduke32-oldmp while in multiplayer. :/

Are they just messaging DNKROZ then kicking your ass? ;^)

Seriously though, I just tried and all the dn## cheats do nothing, console cheats bring up messages about only single player mode allowed to cheat.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostDrek, on 30 May 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

I can't get cheats to work using eduke32-oldmp while in multiplayer. :/

Are they just messaging DNKROZ then kicking your ass? ;^)

Seriously though, I just tried and all the dn## cheats do nothing, console cheats bring up messages about only single player mode allowed to cheat.

Well I can use the cheats myself, as the host of the room. I have been in other rooms, and there was a guy cheating, so im wondering if only the host can cheat? In any case, the host shouldn't be able to cheat as well..

What are you using the host the game? I just don't understand how I can type any cheat I want without no restrictions.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I only tried over lan, maybe it's some sort of hack dukematcher tossed in?

P2P 2 player, tried to do cheats on both pcs neither worked.

try checksum hashtag the exe compare to this

http://dukeworld.duk.../eduke32/oldmp/

This post has been edited by Drek: 30 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

They don't ship Hendricks266's release as the eduke32-oldmp to use?

Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I don't think OldMP gets much use, but I'm not active on Meltdown or Dukematcher. I would assume they're using xDuke or good old "checksum the GRP and don't release source code" hDuke.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostDrek, on 30 May 2016 - 07:00 AM, said:

I only tried over lan, maybe it's some sort of hack dukematcher tossed in?

P2P 2 player, tried to do cheats on both pcs neither worked.

try checksum hashtag the exe compare to this

http://dukeworld.duk.../eduke32/oldmp/

Im using that release, so we are using the same exe, I downloaded it from there.
Dukematcher doesn't add any hacks, it's just a GUI to easily set everything up.

Honestly I don't know whats going on. Is it safe to use dukematcher? I remember some people saying Metldown had a trojan horse.
How do you create a p2p match without anything else but the eduke32-oldmp?

Anyway I did a SHA1 checksum of the exe and I get F0C5938B97EEFB48F664DB0DE29CC525B71A223F

This post has been edited by pacman: 30 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

https://forums.duke4...__1#entry244900

I use bats to fire it up from the command line, read this too for help

http://static.jonof....leasenotes.html

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Are you sure they're actually cheating and not just better than you? Duke is pretty strong when you have 200 health, 100 armor, and a full medkit that you have bound to something you can constantly tap.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostDrek, on 30 May 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

https://forums.duke4...__1#entry244900

I use bats to fire it up from the command line, read this too for help

http://static.jonof....leasenotes.html

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have 2 computers so I can't test myself.
Can you test hosting a match with dukematcher?

What's weird is no matter what port I used, all allow me to use cheats. I've tried hosting a room with eduke3dmpold, hduke, xduke, nduke... all allow me to use ingame cheats when I launch the game :)

This post has been edited by pacman: 30 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

For the record they(dukematchers) run rev 1850 and the checksum matched up with dukeworlds I downloaded. Also I couldn't cheat with it here, it's only client server no LAN play, and glitched out bad for me, connected over LAN in client server mode.

View PostHendricks266, on 30 May 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

I don't think OldMP gets much use, but I'm not active on Meltdown or Dukematcher. I would assume they're using xDuke or good old "checksum the GRP and don't release source code" hDuke.

I use it, my multiplayer TC uses it, shameless plug, 5 maps in O9D now, deck16 and domination I made, got grip and iod danzig 2 converted, war1 from lameduke and am working on a twisted SOS map for it lately.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kyanos 

View Postpacman, on 30 May 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

Can you test hosting a match with dukematcher?

I don't forward ports during Russian daylight hours ;^)

Maybe some time soon I will try over dukematcher, I'll post any info I learn.

User is offline   HellFire 

If you launch the game with no other human players, it doesnt matter that you set it to DM or is playing with bots, the game will consider it as single player and then you'll be able to cheat as much as you want. Your assumption of only the host being able to use cheat codes is false.
I mean no offense, but you probably just suck at Dukematches. This game is fast paced and is all about item control, if you're inexperienced you'll have no chance against a player with years of experience on it.
I suggest you to download some .dmo's played by good players from the meltdown site so you can get an idea of what i am talking about.

This post has been edited by HellFire: 30 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options