Duke4.net Forums: Game crashes with a map - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game crashes with a map

User is offline   David B. 

Hello

When I'm playing a map it happens the game often crashes and closes after 2 min playing... often at the same place in the level.

After having checked the eduke32.log here is what I get interesting at the very end :

ERROR: CACHE SPACE ALL LOCKED UP!
Switching keyboard layout from 00000409 to 0000080C

Could you tell me what the error means ?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

https://forums.duke4...post__p__126107

?

User is offline   David B. 

View PostForge, on 14 May 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

I just have tried and it seems to work properly now...

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

]A new version of a map I'm working atm crashes everytime on the same spot, this doesn't happen two iterations before, but fuck I've changed a lot of things that I don't even remember (enemy placement, secrets, items, etc...) or don't want to do again (shading,etc.), is there a way to get the map to work again?

Here's the log file. It seems I'm taking a break from mapping for now...

Spoiler

It crashes with latest and other synthesis

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 15 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The admins have access to the wgr2 svn, so there is no reason why TerminX etc could not download everything they need and replicate the crash (in before please supply all the files).

What you could do, Mike, is include a version of the map in svn where the player start is near the crash point, so that if someone loaded it up it would crash right away.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 16 May 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

The admins have access to the wgr2 svn, so there is no reason why TerminX etc could not download everything they need and replicate the crash (in before please supply all the files).

What you could do, Mike, is include a version of the map in svn where the player start is near the crash point, so that if someone loaded it up it would crash right away.

Do this and I will look at the map too.

Better still upload the last three versions you have so we can see what recent changes may have caused something to trigger the crash.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I used a backup iteration saved to the cloud so I didn't need to do a lot of work. I can still post the map in the secret thread later though. Thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options