Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms forum topic locked - why? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms forum topic locked - why?

Hmm, this is all very strange (that site). I wonder what will go there, maybe just a fan page, who knows.
Oh god... i just realised the last tab on zchri9's post. eww, wtf! ;)

Hmm, you can FTP that site as well, but it asks you for user name. I decided not to play with it. i might have a proper look at it in a bit (I can usually at least get the idea of what files are on the site - even if i can't see them).

This post has been edited by High Treason: 12 May 2009 - 02:58 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostbtGrave, on May 12 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Hi to all of you. I was looking through the situation most of the time, so I have some thoughts 'bout it.

1) Very strange coincidence about 3D Realms closing and massive leak of an information about DNF (screens, footage, plot, etc.)

Yeah, really strange... ;)

It's not a coincidence. It happened before with various projects.

2) During this week there will be some sort of new press-release regarding Duke Nukem (not DNF?).

Apogee stuff. Probably because their press release will be more noticable because of the DNF.

3) Cars near the 3DR office.

So what?

4) George's silence.

Never happened before?

5) Savedukenukem.com. There is a sentence with a "12 years" part in it. Rather intriguing.

I can create whatever site I want.

7) Suddenly dissappeared screens and arts from the part of the blogs from "3DR members searching for employee". And some others things.

Suddenly someone said to them "NDA".

User is offline   btGrave 

Lotan, savedukenukem.com was registered one day before all this story (used "whois"). Maybe the owner of site is a fortuneteller. And some blogs still have art etc. I think NDA is going to the art too, but art still there.

This post has been edited by btGrave: 12 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

6th May is the day when shacknews reported it. Charlie, for example, knew about this several days earlier. So, it doesn't say a thing than owner of the site also might have known this slightly earlier.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 12 May 2009 - 03:18 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

In other words, like I said: We don't know shit.

User is offline   motionblur 

View PostRaziel, on May 12 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

In other words, like I said: We don't know shit.

Sums it up for me. I don't like too many conspiracy theories so I agree with Lotan on this one.

User is offline   Redcard 

SaveDukeNukem was registered by a domain speculator.

I imagine he's waiting on what George has to say, and then will find "popular" community members and try to sell it for a few hundred bucks.

Nothing more. You can see his name and everything, and google his personal site, and he talks about being an "internet presence" consultant.

This is what he does. It's done all the time. People see something in the news, and register a few domains from it. I bet saveDukeNukem isn't the only one he registered on that day having to deal with DNF.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Why was the thread closed?

Because it was a shithole. You don't get 1000+ posts of shit like that everyday. I am surprised it lasted as long as it did. I think that is because Joe gave up on it since he has other things to do..you know like find a job, play with his kids, clean up the office, move his stuff from the office to his house, etc.

I tried to read it in fragments but it was just painful to see all the ad hominem attacks and red herrings and just plain bull shit. The morons who wanted to "save DNF" should be removed from the gene pool and anyone who thinks there is hope for 3DR should go with them.

It was a shithole so Nacho, being reasonably intelligent, locked it finally.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Mr.Flibbles is correct, it was a shithole, and still is. Some new randoms started to post their shit, and it turned to a shithole.

User is offline   Nacho 

I closed it since I didn't want people talking about the upcoming Gold announcement or how 3DR aren't closing but expanding and are moving into a new office, a football stadium with a giant Nuke symbol on the field that you can see from space.

That and it was nothing but retarded conversations being looped over, and over, and over...

I'm actually glad it was locked. Took long enough.

Nothing new or even really important was being discussed anymore... and given the amount of posts that were being thrown into it it was a pain in the ass to keep up with.

And Nacho is right, until more, solid information is released... there's nothing else to really discuss.

User is offline   SpitFire 

Only accept speculations as hogwash until announced by official 3DR leadership.

Although I did drive by 3DR and saw a huge staff party with GB dancing to MJ's Thriller.

True story bro's.

User is offline   ryche 

That would've been a sight. TOo bad you don't have a video clip or pic ;)

This post has been edited by ryche: 12 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

User is offline   ^?^ 

Im not registered in 3DR forums, but someone saw this movement?

"Notices Attention Unregistered. The forums will be going down for a database backup at the bottom of the hour (11:30PM CST). This backup will take no longer than 10 minutes, during which time the forums will be inaccessible. When the backup is complete, the forums will be restored."

User is offline   ryche 

...It's just doing a nightly backup. It does it every 12 hrs.

User is offline   Nacho 

View Post^?^, on May 12 2009, 08:28 PM, said:

Im not registered in 3DR forums, but someone saw this movement?

"Notices Attention Unregistered. The forums will be going down for a database backup at the bottom of the hour (11:30PM CST). This backup will take no longer than 10 minutes, during which time the forums will be inaccessible. When the backup is complete, the forums will be restored."

The server goes down daily for a database back up at the same time everyday. It means nothing, its just something that happens so that the forums run smoother.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Is that the Raziel I think it is? ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

A vampire?

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Please be quiet, the grownups are talking.

User is offline   ^?^ 

thanks for the info about the 3DR forum ;)

This post has been edited by ^?^: 12 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

He wasn't talking about you. He was talking about the topic starter.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options