Duke4.net Forums: Recommended DukePlus Maps - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recommended DukePlus Maps  "Looking for some fun DukePlus Maps"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Trying to find some interesting maps to play that utilize the DukePlus mod since I'm getting back into playing Duke3D community content.

Any good maps you guys can recommend?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Dukeplus already includes a large number of maps that have been designed for it.

I don't think there's really much else besides what's there.

There's Duke Nukem Eternity which has pretty good level design and uses DukePlus as a base. You can get it from Dukeworld. However, it requires polymer due to all the lights so it will run fairly slow.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

You can go to CGS and search specifically for dukeplus maps

http://www.scent-88....apbase/maps.php

But i'd check to see which maps already come with dukeplus before you download any. No point in having two copies of the same map - and in most cases the ones that come with dukeplus are the most up to date versions

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Imperium is Dukeplus based as well. A fun episode too.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDrek, on 30 April 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Imperium is Dukeplus based as well. A fun episode too.

Yeah that's a good one and as people have said, a lot of good ones are already included.

My personal recommendation for playing DukePlus: Use Polymost or Polymer (32bit graphics) but do not use the HRP. This is not a criticism of the HRP, it's just that there are compatibility bugs that have cropped up since the last time DukePlus was updated. Also, performance. Disregard that advice if a map author specifically says that the map was made for HRP.

EDIT: It does kind of sadden me to make that recommendation, considering that I did put a lot of time into adding enhancements specifically for the HRP. It just doesn't sadden me enough to, you know, actually do anything about it.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 30 April 2016 - 07:05 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostxMobilemux, on 30 April 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Trying to find some interesting maps to play that utilize the DukePlus mod since I'm getting back into playing Duke3D community content.
Any good maps you guys can recommend?
Shrapnel City, Frauenstein, and Baserape(not played yet) are notable examples of DukePlus maps which have been released after r2.35, but there are more. A few even have DukePlus features without mentioning it (civilians in DavoX' Stadium, for example),

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 April 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

My personal recommendation for playing DukePlus: Use Polymost or Polymer (32bit graphics) but do not use the HRP. This is not a criticism of the HRP, it's just that there are compatibility bugs that have cropped up since the last time DukePlus was updated. Also, performance. Disregard that advice if a map author specifically says that the map was made for HRP.

EDIT: It does kind of sadden me to make that recommendation, considering that I did put a lot of time into adding enhancements specifically for the HRP. It just doesn't sadden me enough to, you know, actually do anything about it.
Well, you know, I did. The DukePlus NixFix deals with all (AFAIK) HRP related issues (and then some) which have arisen since the last DukePlus release 2.35 (though no Polymer Duke model yet, and, of course, no performance stuff). Maybe I should combine them into an unofficial DukePlus 2.4 download one day.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 30 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLeoD, on 30 April 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

Well, you know, I did. The DukePlus NixFix deals with all (AFAIK) HRP related issues (and then some) which have arisen since the last DukePlus release 2.35 (though no Polymer Duke model yet, and, of course, no performance stuff). Maybe I should combine them into an unofficial DukePlus 2.4 download one day.

What about the latest issues I have heard reported involving guns disappearing when you fire them?

If you merge your NixFix into the last DukePlus we can make it an official update: I'll upload it to FissileMaterials and Mod DB.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 30 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Can I get a link to the NixFix? I am getting a bug where the devastator isn't appearing at all.
I like using the HRP and in my opinion the DukePlus shotgun is way better than the HRP one.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostxMobilemux, on 01 May 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:

Can I get a link to the NixFix? I am getting a bug where the devastator isn't appearing at all.
I like using the HRP and in my opinion the DukePlus shotgun is way better than the HRP one.

Here, this post from LeoD has the NixFix and a bunch of other stuff:

https://forums.duke4...dpost__p__74887

@FistMarine: Despite what you say is the unkillable cycloid issue in the Dukecide map, I still think that most recent version together with NixFix is going to better overall for most players than going back to an older version.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 April 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

It just doesn't sadden me enough to, you know, actually do anything about it.

IIRC the DukePlus readme.txt file said you promise to provide lifetime support for the mod. :angry:

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark., on 01 May 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

IIRC the DukePlus readme.txt file said you promise to provide lifetime support for the mod. :angry:

This is why I should have put a donation button on a web page somewhere. Then I could complain, "Hey, you guys can't expect me to keep supporting my old mods when you never donate."

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 April 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

If you merge your NixFix into the last DukePlus we can make it an official update: I'll upload it to FissileMaterials and Mod DB.
OK, will be done in the foreseeable future.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options