Duke4.net Forums: John Romero and Adrian Carmack's new FPS - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

John Romero and Adrian Carmack's new FPS  "Announcement April 25th at 11 am EDT"

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostTea Monster, on 09 February 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

John Romero, in, in... IN GALWAY????

Ireland has crazy tax breaks. The country's corporate tax rate is 12.5%, compared to Britain at 20%, Japan at 35.64%, and the U.S. at 40%. They also have R&D tax credits for tech companies. They moved their along with other studios in the hopes that the government will make further benefits and tax reliefs available to game developers.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Double post:

Hulk, Romero finally gave a cryptic update on Blackroom.

"Well interestingly we cannot talk about Blackroom," John Romero said to me. "At some point in the future I definitely will but I can't say anything about it right now." It sounds hopeful - perhaps a publisher is involved.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Hype

View PostHulkNukem, on 17 July 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hype

Really? For a game by the guy who gave us Daikatana?

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostAltered Reality, on 18 July 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

He also gave us DooM(although it wasn't all his work).

But, yes...unless his pet finally out of surface or I think it just too early for hype or something.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Not to mention that Doom happened before Daikatana.

He can't say anything because there's probably nothing to show. Good thing, he finally learned the lesson. People will want at least a gameplay video, if not an early demo.

User is offline   axl 

True, but the guy also made Knee Deep in the Dead... THE blueprint for all classic FPS level design...

And Wolfenstein 3D
And Doom, specifically Knee Deep in the Dead
And Doom II
And Quake Episode 2 and E1M1
And helped jumpstart the creation of Deus Ex
And helped Humanhead create Rune after Daikatana 2 was cancelled
And made two well made Doom maps very recently proving he still has something left

So yes, I'm hyped, and cautiously optimistic, to hear that the project is still happening, especially when so many others got abandoned.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 18 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

User is offline   leilei 

That's not the point. Altered Reality wasn't born yesterday. Daikatana was Romero's magnum opus and this new game could fall into the same trap of crumbling over hype.

And just because someone did something good then doesn't guarantee they still have it good now, i.e. Bobby Prince's music...

This post has been edited by leilei: 18 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

View Postleilei, on 18 July 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

That's not the point. Altered Reality wasn't born yesterday. Daikatana was Romero's magnum opus and this new game could fall into the same trap of crumbling over hype.

And just because someone did something good then doesn't guarantee they still have it good now, i.e. Bobby Prince's music...

Which is exactly why I said cautiously optimistic. I wasn't born yesterday, either. None of us were, just by the fact we are on a Duke forum.
I can still be hyped about hearing the project isn't dead and that it will eventually be fully revealed.
I also suspect the slow build of the cancelled Kickstarter also puts Romero in a place that shows name alone won't make the game, but quality will. He said he's doing all the levels himself, and judging from the two Doom maps he released, things are looking up.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 19 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options