Duke4.net Forums: Ruiner - A cyberpunk isometric shooter published by Devolver - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ruiner - A cyberpunk isometric shooter published by Devolver  "Developed by Witcher, Dying Light, and Shadow Warrior veterans"

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Releasing in 2016 by a new team comprised of former Witcher, Dying Light, This War of Mine, and Shadow Warrior staffers.

Steam Blurb:

Sophisticated & Brutal Combat: RUINER features lightning fast combat that requires a delicate balance of overwhelming, brute force, and elegant strikes to overcome all manner of savage opponents. Blast through crowds or slow down time and hand select your points of attack before unleashing a storm of violence on the battlefield.

Cyberpunk Inspired Arsenal: Equip all manner of high-tech firearms and melee weapons to ruin all that oppose you. Employ state of the art gadgets like energy shield, dash augmentations, and the switch gun stun or hack the opposition onto your side of the fight.

Story-Driven Action: Violent confrontation is a means to an end and trust is a devalued currency in Rengkok as you navigate a senseless world with the help of a mysterious hacker friend.

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

looks awesome ... Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

That red text... The font, the color, it looks terrible.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looks interesting. But do Devolver think it's a good idea to release an isometric shooter after the poor reception of Bombshell? At least the level design has the potential to be better as there's a good variety and mix of indoor and outdoor locations. Bombshell was predominantly outdoors judging from promotional material, which is harder to design interesting levels for IMO.

Makes me wonder what an isometric Deus Ex game would be like.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 22 April 2016 - 01:14 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Why should they be afraid? Bombshell maybe isn't that good, but it doesn't mean that good top-down shooters don't sell. Besides, they already have published Hotline Miami games.

Anyway, the game looks promising. Would be nice if they released level editor too.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Just looks like another oldschool isometric shooter, can't see the cyberpunk anywhere. I guess if it plays well and is 5€ I'll play it.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It has that Deus Ex vibe, I think.

User is offline   MetHy 

It's not just the red text that looks terrible, in the 2nd screen those black speech bubble and the font for the text inside look pretty bad too. Looks like an MSPaint comic text.

I can't look at the game because of how bad everything text related looks. It's a game ruiner.
It's like when I open a comic book, the art looks great but the lettering is disgusting, it ruins everything and I can't look past that.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 22 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Wait, was that supposed to be a logo or a regretable text effect?

This is why people who say "I've got a haxor'd copy of Photoshop, I don't need no graphics degree" are wrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrong....

The actual 3D graphics look good. I can't say that anything on screen is particularly grabbing me.

Wait a minute... NO FIREARMS? DAFUQ?

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 22 April 2016 - 10:05 AM

View PostTea Monster, on 22 April 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Wait a minute... NO FIREARMS? DAFUQ?

The trailer has plenty of firearms. :D "No firearms, no future" is what it says. Looks pretty cool to me, I especially dig the overall presentation with the weird messages flashing on the helmet etc. Looks good.

User is offline   Hank 

^ The mighty Tea Monster was trying to make a joke, I think, maybe, or was blinded by all the red fonts. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 22 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMicky C, on 22 April 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

Looks interesting. But do Devolver think it's a good idea to release an isometric shooter after the poor reception of Bombshell? At least the level design has the potential to be better as there's a good variety and mix of indoor and outdoor locations. Bombshell was predominantly outdoors judging from promotional material, which is harder to design interesting levels for IMO.

Makes me wonder what an isometric Deus Ex game would be like.

Bombshell's ratings went up pretty quickly after the 1.1 patch.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Sorry. As others have stated, I can't give this game a fair evaluation due to all the annoying red captions. It makes it look like a YouTube Poop. Terrible.

15 minutes of gameplay.

New trailer:

They just announced this comes out really soon, September 26th! Watched some of the longer gameplay vids, game looks great. Has slow-mo like 3DR's friend Max Payne, I dig the zany dark sci-fi with some black humor and character to it they have going on between the action too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options