Duke4.net Forums: Looking for a map... - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a map...  "I remember how it looks like, but forgot the name"

User is offline   ViDi 

View PostJimmy, on 02 February 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

...site that mentions "Holly141.map" but I can't find it through Google Fu.

I think it's just a demo.

User is offline   ViDi 

View PostMARTYR, on 02 February 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm looking for a Hollywood Holocaust edit. I remember it had a hotel like area added to the main drag across the street from the theater. It appeared to have been edited to favour deathmatch. I believe it may have been part of a late 90's mapping contest, possibly Bug Team related but I'm not sure. It was a very professional edit for the time, many of them are trashy cheat maps for DM. It might have included new art but I'm fuzzy on that. I remember downloading it from a Geocities-tier website many moons ago. I found a partial archive of a Bug Team site that mentions "Holly141.map" but I can't find it through Google Fu.

I can tell you that it is not:
E1L1mod.map
HHDM.map
Holly007.map
Hollymod.map
Hollyred.map
Hollywood2.map
HW-CTF.map/HllyWood-CTF.zip
NewE1L1.map

HOLLYXXI ?

This post has been edited by ViDi: 06 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No, that's not it unfortunately. The one I'm thinking of had new areas behind the Innocent? billboard and was generally much more well put together. Thank you (and anyone else) for looking though.

User is offline   ViDi 

Then what about this one - HOL&FREE?

This post has been edited by ViDi: 07 March 2020 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   ViDi 

I'm looking for a Hollywood Holocaust edit. I remember it had a hotel like area added to the main drag across the street from the theater.

Here's another one.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Darkus 

I'm looking for a map, that you start in a ruined city, and then you enter a pit and go to hell (or at least some lava caves). Completely forgot the map name.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDarkus, on 15 April 2020 - 05:37 AM, said:

I'm looking for a map, that you start in a ruined city, and then you enter a pit and go to hell (or at least some lava caves). Completely forgot the map name.

kinda describes Cavern by Rick Hager, but there are probably a dozen maps that could fit as well.

User is offline   Darkus 

It's not this one, there was an exterior, a big street outside, some parts were you can enter empty buldings (the city is somewhat ruined), and at the end of this street, a slope and a pit that lead you to hell (red lava caves). I don't remmber of all the details, maybe i should make a drawing.

Could be The Ruined World (0002Hell)?

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View PostDarkus, on 15 April 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

It's not this one, there was an exterior, a big street outside, some parts were you can enter empty buldings (the city is somewhat ruined), and at the end of this street, a slope and a pit that lead you to hell (red lava caves). I don't remmber of all the details, maybe i should make a drawing.

Sounds like a section from Dark Gate (http://www.scent-88....ate/drkgate.php), although you said the map begins in such area...

This post has been edited by Dr.Panico: 15 April 2020 - 08:15 AM

User is online   ck3D 

Mention of the ruined buildings, slope and pit-like ending reminded me of a classic: https://msdn.duke4.n...termination.php

At first I was thinking it could have been my own End Of The World, but that one has no slopes.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 15 April 2020 - 08:33 AM

User is offline   Darkus 

None of them ;)

I made an example how it should look, at the end of the sloping street: (notice how the sky is lowered)

Posted Image

Seen from above, the path continues straight (no teleport):

Posted Image

That all of I remember...

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I got the wildest sense of deja vu looking at those pics...

Was it from a TC of some kind? Or just standalone?

User is offline   ViDi 

View PostDarkus, on 15 April 2020 - 05:37 AM, said:

View PostDarkus, on 15 April 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

Sounds (and looks) like the second half of Dark Gate.

Spoiler

User is offline   Darkus 

View PostViDi, on 15 April 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

Sounds (and looks) like the second half of Dark Gate.

It was Dark Gate finally... Weird that I only remember of that part ;) Thanks for finding it.

User is offline   ViDi 

I'm looking for a Hollywood Holocaust edit.

And another one

edit:
Should be it

This post has been edited by ViDi: 20 May 2020 - 08:59 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Sorry to say, none of those fit the bill for what I'm looking for. Thanks for your efforts though.

EDIT: hhrumble1.zip is a really cool map I've never seen before. Quite the gem for it's time period. Looks to be quite obscure, as are the rest of that guy's maps it seems.

This post has been edited by /Defiatron\: 27 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

User is offline   ViDi 

I'm surprised it isn't nitelife.zip.

HH+Zoo

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  E1L1.rar (69.25K)
    Number of downloads: 229

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That map is really corrupt, I can't even get the game to play it.

User is offline   ViDi 

Ok, another try.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  E1L1.rar (1.97MB)
    Number of downloads: 234

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

i have a holly2 map with a blurb - 2 PLAYERS DEMO : HOLLYWOOD HOLOCAUST & it's from the bugteam site, but the map and demo are broke and I can't get them to open. not even with dos duke3d

Attached File  holly2.zip (879.61K)
Number of downloads: 240

This post has been edited by Forge: 28 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I still couldn't get that map to work in the game but finally got it to work in Mapster. That's definitely not it. What I remember is much more subtle and well made.

Couldn't get Forge's map to work either.

User is offline   ViDi 

It seems that E1L1 refuse to work on newer builds for some reason, like it doesn't work on r9028 but it works fine on r7392. Maybe because of the custom loading screen picture, don't know.

User is offline   ViDi 

Found some more HH maps. Here's one

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That's not it either, but it's interesting nonetheless.

User is offline   Sanek 

Looking for FUTURE.MAP by FakirBaba

User is offline   Sanek 

bump

User is offline   necroslut 

I'm looking for a map that I'm almost 100% it was part of a TC or episode.
The level itself might have been called "Block War" or something similar. It wasn't a boss map, but had a "boss map atmosphere" of sorts. It was a smallish city block of buildings and alleys, with lots of enemies spread out, and you had to move sort of carefully from building to building to not draw too much heat. You had to search buildings, some of which had a second floor, to find ammo. I think there was some Battlelord sentries in the middle of the map. The thing scenario reminded me a lot of the ending battle in the Death Wish 3 movie.

I know this is super vague, but maybe it rings a bell with someone.

User is online   ck3D 

View Postnecroslut, on 18 March 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

I'm looking for a map that I'm almost 100% it was part of a TC or episode.
The level itself might have been called "Block War" or something similar. It wasn't a boss map, but had a "boss map atmosphere" of sorts. It was a smallish city block of buildings and alleys, with lots of enemies spread out, and you had to move sort of carefully from building to building to not draw too much heat. You had to search buildings, some of which had a second floor, to find ammo. I think there was some Battlelord sentries in the middle of the map. The thing scenario reminded me a lot of the ending battle in the Death Wish 3 movie.

I know this is super vague, but maybe it rings a bell with someone.

Sounds a lot like Warzone but that's a classic map and wasn't part of a TC or episode (but may have been included in compilations), so surely that's too obvious?

https://www.arrovfnu...-andras-piroska

This post has been edited by ck3D: 18 March 2021 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

View Postck3D, on 18 March 2021 - 09:09 AM, said:

Sounds a lot like Warzone but that's a classic map and wasn't part of a TC or episode (but may have been included in compilations), so surely that's too obvious?

https://www.arrovfnu...-andras-piroska

It's a bit similar, but not it. The map I'm thinking of is smaller, and tighter -- narrower streets, buildings not as tall (nothing more than two stories, I believe). I'm almost 100% certain it's an original map for a TC or episode, and not an old usermap.

That was a neat map though -- I've never played it before -- so thanks for the tip anyway.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options