Duke4.net Forums: Looking for a map... - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a map...  "I remember how it looks like, but forgot the name"

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

Hello guys,
There's this map i've been looking for a while. It was set around a bank building, on daylight, and it had some new ARTs. If i'm not mistaken, it was supposed to be a german bank (because i remember the bank sing saying "Deutsch Bank or something like that). You could also explore some of the buildings around.
The style was similar to City Terror meets Time TC (the art gallery level in particular), but as far as i know, this wasn't made by the same authors.

And finally, the level was part of a episode pack that i downloaded here (or on AMC or even at Scent-88) whose first level was The Theft (Der Wald) by Phoenix. It was one of those episodes that were composed by other people's maps. I don't remember the name of the pack as well.

Any ideas?

User is offline   Hank 

Not sure, but I made a map with the Deutsche Bank.

Attached Image: DBOld01.jpg Attached Image: DBOld02.jpg

That map came bundled with a file Hank's Stuff, basically a loose collection of other maps and artwork and a little of my work. Posted Image

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

I think that's the one. It looks different than i remember, but familiar enough to be the one.

Thanks.

User is offline   Anvil 

Which maps from this collection were finished?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostAnvil, on 16 April 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

Which maps from this collection were finished?

None, sorry to be that blunt.
Mikko Sandt also suggested to officially publish some of those maps.
The work done was more for me to have an escape from reality, and I made the files available for just in case. Posted Image

I forgot Puritan's website,
Taamalus
Predators and
Munasta-1 maps are at the scent-88 website Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 19 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm looking for a map called "Before The Storm" by SalaciusCrumb.
Mikko reviwed this map ages ago, and the download link seems to be invalid for a long time. Does anyone have this map?

User is offline   Hank 

here you go, excellent map for SST :blink:
http://dukeworld.duk...aps/a-e/bts.ZIP

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostHank, on 07 April 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

here you go, excellent map for SST :blink:
http://dukeworld.duk...aps/a-e/bts.ZIP

Thanks!

User is offline   Sanek 

I have another request, while this theard is still hot. :blink:

I'm looking for an old medieval map. I remember that it begins on some kind of a swamp, with cool sector-based trees all over the place. Maybe it have a red sky of some kind. I don't remember the title of the map, that's why I'm asking about it here.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSanek, on 08 April 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

I have another request, while this theard is still hot. :blink:

I'm looking for an old medieval map. I remember that it begins on some kind of a swamp, with cool sector-based trees all over the place. Maybe it have a red sky of some kind. I don't remember the title of the map, that's why I'm asking about it here.

I'm not 100% sure here:
there was a map done by Andras Piroska called Castle of the Damned, that has trees done with sectors.
http://dukeworld.duk...-e/cadamned.zip

This post has been edited by Hank: 08 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostHank, on 08 April 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'm not 100% sure here:
there was a map done by Andras Piroska called Castle of the Damned, that has trees done with sectors.
http://dukeworld.duk...-e/cadamned.zip

Hey, that's exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you once again!

User is offline   Anvil 

I'm looking for a map called "Artic Base 2" by Supertanker.

User is offline   Anvil 

Delete

This post has been edited by Anvil: 28 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostAnvil, on 28 June 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

It's Artic Base, not Artic Base 2.

OK Try this, it's the only one I knew
http://dnr.duke4.net...Artic_Base.html

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It appears that only users with accounts on the old 3D Realms forums can access attachments. I've mirrored the attachment from Supertanker's OP here: http://hendricks266....27-Artcbas2.zip

User is offline   Mark 

I'm looking for a map but don't have many clues to search for. I don't know who made it or how many years ago. It was a castle map that started on a shoreline. IIRC it had sharks in the water.The name was something like Franken-something , or Castlestein. I thought it was from Gambini but I don't see it listed on his website so it must be someone else.

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostMark., on 06 September 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm looking for a map but don't have many clues to search for. I don't know who made it or how many years ago. It was a castle map that started on a shoreline. IIRC it had sharks in the water.The name was something like Franken-something , or Castlestein. I thought it was from Gambini but I don't see it listed on his website so it must be someone else.

Castle Frauenstein by MiaMax perhaps?
Look here

User is offline   Mark 

Thats the one. Thanks

User is offline   Anvil 

Came across this video.
Couldn't find this map outside of Steam.

View PostHendricks266, on 28 June 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

It appears that only users with accounts on the old 3D Realms forums can access attachments. I've mirrored the attachment from Supertanker's OP here: http://hendricks266....27-Artcbas2.zip

WOW. That brings back memories, along with the realization that my younger self was on the obtuse side. I apologize for my younger self's transgressions, like the 10-button combo puzzle. (I put a hint on one of the screens but can't for the life of me remember if I put the other half anywhere.) Or the nearly invisible crack. Or the switch hidden behind a panel.

Arctic Base 2 was literally Arctic Base, except I wanted more mapping practice so I started adding stuff. Interesting how the quality goes up the further you get into it. It also ended on a transition that was supposed to start you in another space map that I advertised for years but never finished. I probably have the files somewhere...

At the time, I had just played a Star Trek themed vanilla Duke map. Forgot what it was called (ironic). The ship was vaguely wedge-shaped, the corridors were mostly gray inside, and it had a reactor room that (ab)used the scrolling blue energy texture, which was the inspiration for blue key room. I had also played rather a lot of Dark Forces at the time. I think the two big moonbase maps too (Beta?).

Anyway, if anybody replays this, 1) thanks for your interest and 2) my mapping skills have increased quite a lot since then, try FOS Station or Cherenkov Station :dukecigar:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Hey there Supertanker. Hope you have some more maps for us one day. Area 27 and Cherenkov Station are boss maps and I've played them many times.

User is offline   Mark 

Hey Supertanker, you're alive. I think the last I heard of you was when you were going to help out on one of the Mblackwell projects. Was it Decay or some other one? You disappeared...

View PostRadar, on 29 July 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Hey there Supertanker. Hope you have some more maps for us one day. Area 27 and Cherenkov Station are boss maps and I've played them many times.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I don't have a lot of free time these days, but I did fire up mapster and I still have the muscle memory for the shortcuts. I also found a cache of my old maps that I might be able to work on someday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

User is offline   Sanek 

It's the episode, but anyway.

I'm looking for a city-themed episode, released in late 90s or maybe early 00s. The only thing I remember about it is that it use Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise as a MIDI song.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSanek, on 08 November 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

I'm looking for a city-themed episode, released in late 90s or maybe early 00s. The only thing I remember about it is that it use Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise as a MIDI song.

Maybe City Crackdown
maybe Total Duke

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 November 2019 - 10:56 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostForge, on 08 November 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

maybe Total Duke

This. Thank you!

User is offline   Hamakei 

Hopefully somebody could help me find this map...it was quite a long time ago, but there are a few things I remember about it:

• It had additional art, replacement music, new sound effects and replacement CON files as well as the map(s)
  • The first level's music was a MIDI version of "Walking Contradiction" by Green Day
  • The first level opens with an ambient sound effect playing a short loop of "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt
  • The level includes a sample of Brad Pitt's character from 12 Monkeys saying "I can help ya...get ya out"
  • The designer had copied the third-person Duke artwork used in multiplayer into TILES014.ART, and created a new enemy which was Duke himself running round and attacking you
  • The level design was deliberately non-realistic, with level themes clashing and weird geometry all over the place
  • I don't THINK it was more than one level, but I can't be certain

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostHamakei, on 02 February 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hopefully somebody could help me find this map...it was quite a long time ago, but there are a few things I remember about it:

• It had additional art, replacement music, new sound effects and replacement CON files as well as the map(s)
  • The first level's music was a MIDI version of "Walking Contradiction" by Green Day
  • The first level opens with an ambient sound effect playing a short loop of "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt
  • The level includes a sample of Brad Pitt's character from 12 Monkeys saying "I can help ya...get ya out"
  • The designer had copied the third-person Duke artwork used in multiplayer into TILES014.ART, and created a new enemy which was Duke himself running round and attacking you
  • The level design was deliberately non-realistic, with level themes clashing and weird geometry all over the place
  • I don't THINK it was more than one level, but I can't be certain

"Spiderwebs" by No Doubt rings a bell for me. Must have been the chorus of that song. Actually it was one of the first user maps I´ve played. Must have been around 1996-1998 when this map was released. TBH it wasn´t even a good map even compared to that days standards, iirc. But yeah, would be great if someone knows that map.

User is offline   Hamakei 

View Postblizzart, on 02 February 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

"Spiderwebs" by No Doubt rings a bell for me. Must have been the chorus of that song. Actually it was one of the first user maps I´ve played. Must have been around 1996-1998 when this map was released. TBH it wasn´t even a good map even compared to that days standards, iirc. But yeah, would be great if someone knows that map.

You're right...it wasn't a great map...but that's not really the point :rolleyes:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm looking for a Hollywood Holocaust edit. I remember it had a hotel like area added to the main drag across the street from the theater. It appeared to have been edited to favour deathmatch. I believe it may have been part of a late 90's mapping contest, possibly Bug Team related but I'm not sure. It was a very professional edit for the time, many of them are trashy cheat maps for DM. It might have included new art but I'm fuzzy on that. I remember downloading it from a Geocities-tier website many moons ago. I found a partial archive of a Bug Team site that mentions "Holly141.map" but I can't find it through Google Fu.

I can tell you that it is not:
E1L1mod.map
HHDM.map
Holly007.map
Hollymod.map
Hollyred.map
Hollywood2.map
HW-CTF.map/HllyWood-CTF.zip
NewE1L1.map

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 02 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options