Duke4.net Forums: Weird Ripper Behavior - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird Ripper Behavior

User is offline   PhAyzoN 

Hello all! I've recently got back into Duke, and I decided I should update my EDuke32 and HRP instead of using 2012 builds and I've run into some peculiar issues. I've went through dozens of builds since 2015 releases to try and pinpoint when the issues began.

First, in builds 20160401-5692 and forward (which is just that one and the latest 20160405-5694) the HRP model for the Ripper vanishes while firing. Muzzle flashes still appear, sound still plays, and the model returns when I let off the trigger. This does not happen to the sprites when not using HRP, and no other weapons are effected. Also of note, this happens on my main machine with a 290X and my old machine with a GTX 570; this most certainly eliminates drivers as the cause

Second, in all builds 20151227-5498 and forward, the Ripper has a very odd firing pattern. It feels slow and almost like it's firing in 3-round bursts, the sound played seems to reflect this as well. 20151226-5495 and prior do not behave as such, neither does jdDuke, Duke3D Megaton on Steam, or the original DOS executable. The posted changelogs do not reflect anything happening to this weapon's behavior.

If there's any other useful information I can provide on the matter, let me know!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'll revert the commit that affected the chaingun.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

User is offline   PhAyzoN 

View PostTerminX, on 12 April 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

I'll revert the commit that affected the chaingun.

Cool, thanks! Feels right in the new build.

The model still vanishes while firing for me though. Any pointers?

User is offline   NNC 

View PostFistMarine, on 13 April 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

It also has a bug where sometimes after using all the Chaingun ammo, it doesn't auto-switch to other weapon. You have to manually switch to another weapon.

This is extremely annoying and should be fixed.

User is offline   Mortalc13 

Has the disappearing ripper bug been fixed, and also on a side note, the shotgun reload animation seams to have changed too, shotgun vanishes for like the glimpse of a second while firing before showing the cocking reload animation. The animation also looks like it has been sped up.

This post has been edited by Mortalc13: 27 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

User is offline   Mortalc13 

Thought they might have fixed the ripper problem already along with the fast reloading bug with the shotgun, these havent been addressed in the latest builds.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options