Duke4.net Forums: big problem with custom model content and Polymer - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

big problem with custom model content and Polymer

User is offline   Mark 

Myself or TeaMonster will report this in the official bugtracker thread too but I wanted to mention here also in case some of you don't go to the other thread or have been noticing the same issue recently.

I have narrowed this problem down. Eduke version 5395 is the last good working one. The problem starts in 5400 which is the next version up. We had been using the fairly recent 5608 when starting this project and it also has the problem

I am involved in a project with a whole lot of new models. It has been a massive hair pulling experience when finding out that in almost all cases the normal, spec, gloss and glow maps are either not showing up on the models or are very weak and not behaving normally. We spent countless hours re-making and re-tweaking thinking that WE were somehow doing something wrong or misreading instructions. After many swearing sessions and questions on the forum we decided on going back to previous eduke versions to see if the problems disappeared. And they did.

So some change made between synthesis versions 5395 and 5400 needs to be looked at. Thanks.

EDIT: The vanilla assets all seem to work fine in the bugged versions. This seems to be affecting only custom content. Weird.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Screenshots?

User is offline   Mark 

Another interesting sidenote is that in newer versions the glowing neon signs for Hotel and stripper only flashed in Mapster but not in the game. They both work fine in the old version mentioned above.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options