Duke4.net Forums: Sprites like Blood pools(Green-waste pools, footprints etc.) lose alpha transparents in Automap. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sprites like Blood pools(Green-waste pools, footprints etc.) lose alpha transparents in Automap.  "Only see black background on them."

User is offline   Player Lin 

Attached Image: duke0004.png
You can see black background on those blood pools and footprints.

Taken on current latest eduke32 r5671, on polymost and polymer renderer, Classic renderer is working fine.

No, disabling MSI Afterburner's RTSS overlay OSD does not affects this problem, it still exists on there after I disabled RTSS OSD.

--------

EDIT : Ticket fired on the bug tracker, I also have a other problem not related this one to report but I don't want to fire/create a new one... :\

It's about the sound system restart option, it'll make midi Music stop to play anymore when try to use that in a level, even use the "End game" option to title screen doesn't fix it, have to quit and restart eduke32 to fix it.

Sometimes it doesn't happens when I use it on first try, but it will make midi music stop to play anymore on second try.

And if I do this on main menu it never fail to play midi music...

If I needed to fire a new thread/ticket please tell me and I'll then do that, thanks. :whistling:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Is this bug fixed?

View PostHendricks266, on 09 September 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Is this bug fixed?

Tried again with r5858, and it's fine, no more black backgrounds problem and the restart sound system option also working fine, always replay the midi music again.

But now I noticed eduke32 won't stop play music when game paused...if you did watched AVGN, you know unstoppable music when you pause the game may annoying sometimes... :D :D :D

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostPlayer Lin, on 09 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

Tried again with r5858, and it's fine, no more black backgrounds problem and the restart sound system option also working fine, always replay the midi music again.

But now I noticed eduke32 won't stop play music when game paused...if you did watched AVGN, you know unstoppable music when you pause the game may annoying sometimes... :D :D :D

This is incorrect. When you press PAUSE the music will freeze. The music only continues in the ESC menu. I double checked against vanilla Atomic and it's the same.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPlayer Lin, on 09 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

But now I noticed eduke32 won't stop play music when game paused...

Found the problem. Easy fix.

View PostMblackwell, on 09 September 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

This is incorrect. When you press PAUSE the music will freeze. The music only continues in the ESC menu. I double checked against vanilla Atomic and it's the same.

"Go back to your servers, Linux!"

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Windoze is always broken, especially when it's running normally.

Okay, I guess my memory sells me again...or more like I misunderstood the how the vanilla Duke3d was working... :D

I also found the game would failed to play the music after complete a level but I'm not sure if it 100% to happens, sometimes it's fine, and sometimes it always no music when I'm on next level...I have to restart eduke32 to get the music...and the option to turn off music in option menu also not working, I turn off music via that and music still plays, but turn on it does restart the music, weird.
(Maybe it related the problem about the music didn't freeze when paused)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 09 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Is everything in this thread fixed now?

User is offline   Darkus 

Apparently it's ok from me, decals are displayed correctly in minimap, and I don't get any music issue.

Excepted one thing: pause the game while sounds are playing, bring the game menu and close it: the sounds are playing while the game is paused.

Just a question: what the purpose of those purple arrows in the minimap? They seem to appear randomly.

This post has been edited by Darkus: 30 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDarkus, on 30 September 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

Excepted one thing: pause the game while sounds are playing, bring the game menu and close it: the sounds are playing while the game is paused.

That's a quick fix, thanks.

View PostDarkus, on 30 September 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

Just a question: what the purpose of those purple arrows in the minimap? They seem to appear randomly.

I don't know. Do they appear in the DOS version?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

In what revision was this fixed?

User is offline   Darkus 

View PostHendricks266, on 30 September 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Do they appear in the DOS version?

No, they are exlusive to EDuke.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDaedolon, on 30 September 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

Not yet committed.

View PostDarkus, on 01 October 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

No, they are exlusive to EDuke.

That's probably a bug then. :/

User is offline   Darkus 

I though it was some debug leftovers.

There are also some blue arrows in E1L2, all recon sprites have them, while in E4L2, there are not so many arrows shown.

Posted Image

Other than that, there are various bugs that I'll report later, I need time to list them.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDaedolon, on 30 September 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

r5880.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options