Duke4.net Forums: Selling Old Games - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Selling Old Games

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I've got some old game boxes I'm wanting to sell for funds for a new hobby and thought I'd share them here before going to the likes of Ebay or Facebook. Pictures attached to post, prices are USD and don't include shipping, Paypal only. The boxes are in great condition, especially the first three. MP has some annoying sticker residue on the front and is a little more worn but otherwise ok. Mild scratches on the discs. MP has the most scratches but all discs worked fine last I checked. I can double-check on request if you like.

If you're interested, PM me with your Paypal email address and the item you want and I'll cross it off the list with your name. Give me a day to get you the final cost w/shipping etc and I'll invoice you. Once payment is received I'll ship it asap.

-Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition, large box

-Duke!Zone, large box $12 (CD, manual, tech support card, Duke!Zone booklet, WizardWorks catalogue)

-Duke Xtreme, large box

-Duke Nukem Manhattan Project

-Prey, small box

Or all five for $100, shipping included (to NA).

I have a lot more non-3DR games but we'll see how this goes first.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   stumppy84 

I'll take your Duke Atomic. Looks better than the one I have!

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 16 March 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

-Prey, small box w/front flap $15 (3 CDs, foldout case, manual, reg cards, ATI ad slip, **key already redeemed on Steam)

The Prey package for me please. 100% definite. :whistling:

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Cool, I'll tag you guys in the OP and if you could just PM me your Paypal email address I'll invoice you with the final cost w/shipping.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

If it hasn't been called yet, I'm interested in Duke Xtreme.

This post has been edited by Marphy Black: 16 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

It's yours! Just shoot me a PM with your Paypal email.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I'll be very interested to see what else you have; are they mostly 90s/early 00s stuff?

• The Sarien Encounter

A lot of them are, yes. Some are even older. Here's a list of some that I can think of off hand:

-Halo
-Homeworld GOTY (w/strategy guide and OST disc)
-TimeShift
-Doom 3
-Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

I've also got boxes of older adventure games from the early 90s/late 80s and a myriad of jewel case only games. Haven't decided which ones I want to get rid of yet.

• The Sarien Encounter

So far the three that have been sold have all shipped as of today. Any more interest in the other two? If not I'll post some others that I have.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 17 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Somebody reported this thread saying they felt strongly against this forum becoming a place to sell things; I agree, this forum is not eBay.

However, I feel like a game trading/selling thread fits pretty well with the forum's overall content, so I'll allow the posting of gaming items for sale/trade, confined within this single thread.

• The Sarien Encounter

I should have mentioned that I did ask permission before I posted to begin with, so I wasn't acting presumptuously for anyone who thinks I may have.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 16 March 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hank -Prey, small box w/front flap $15 (3 CDs, foldout case, manual, reg cards, ATI ad slip, **key already redeemed on Steam)

The package arrived one day ahead of schedule. All in good shape. And since I am actually exited, I'll break my privacy mania and publish one private image. Certainly made my day Posted Image
Attached Image: smallPic01.JPG

Also many thanks to TerminX to allow it on this forum. Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHank, on 21 March 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

The package arrived one day ahead of schedule. All in good shape. And since I am actually exited, I'll break my privacy mania and publish one private image. Certainly made my day <snip>

Also many thanks to TerminX to allow it on this forum. Posted Image

That Prey box :whistling:

• The Sarien Encounter

EDIT: Updated prices.
Here's some more games I'm clearing out.

-Homeworld Game of the Year Edition
-Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
-Doom 3 $15 (includes small game box with front flap, 3 game CDs, large game manual, large jewel case with inlays, and small game manual)
-Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil Expansion $10 (includes small game box with front flap, game expansion CD, large game manual, jewel case with inlays and small manual)
Attached Image: doom3roe.jpg
-TimeShift $10, small box with game CD, manual, and 10-day trial for World in Conflict CD
Attached Image: timeshift.jpg
-Halo $10, small box with game CD, cardboard slip disc case, and game manual
Attached Image: halo.jpg

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I want the Manhattan man but how are you handling this I guess pm me :whistling:

• The Sarien Encounter

PM me if you're interested in anything. Give me your Paypal email address, physical address, and phone number (for delivery) and I'll get you final cost after shipping. I can have it mailed asap.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 29 March 2016 - 10:20 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Random off-topic. How much a sealed copy of Doom Collector's Edition 2003 is worth?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 22 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Never knew such a thing existed.

View PostDaedolon, on 22 March 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

Never knew such a thing existed.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Collector's_Edition

The 2003 version contains three games, plus Doom 3 preview files. Never seen a sealed copy for sale.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postzykov eddy, on 22 March 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

Random off-topic. How much a sealed copy of Doom Collector's Edition 2003 is worth?

whatever someone's willing to pay for it.

there are a few copies (factory sealed) floating around on amazon & ebay. Asking prices range in the average of $65 to $150 usd

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postzykov eddy, on 22 March 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

wikia link.

For the love of DooM gods(?), please use doomwiki.org, not the wikia one. Since the DooM community has been abandoned that place and pages on there may got outdated.

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Collector's_Edition

For whose still don't know why...read this link.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 22 March 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostForge, on 22 March 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

whatever someone's willing to pay for it.

there are a few copies (factory sealed) floating around on amazon & ebay. Asking prices range in the average of $65 to $150 usd

Many thanks! Thinking about selling it soon.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 March 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

-TimeShift $10, small box with game CD, manual, and 10-day trial for World in Conflict CD
Attachment timeshift.jpg

Funny thing, my friend works for company who developed that game :whistling:

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Postzykov eddy, on 22 March 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

Funny thing, my friend works for company who developed that game :whistling:

Tell him it is severely underrated and I enjoy playing it once in a blue moon
(Even though I thought it looked better before the art switch)

• The Sarien Encounter

Same. It didn't get the glory it deserved. I thought the mechanics were brilliant and unique they just weren't always used in interesting ways, and the story was very meh. It could have been better. Cool you have a friend who worked on it!

It should have/could have been something of an advertising boon on the level of Portal or at least just under it. But there was no buzz. I didn't even hear about it until I saw it on a shelf and thought it might be cool. Researched it at home and thought the concept was amazing. When I bought it was more than a little disappointed. It's a one-time play kind of thing. It should have been the kind of game that's just cool to play over and over again like Portal, but it wasn't.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

Just received the Duke Xtreme parcel today in wonderful condition. Thanks, MusicallyInspired!

And just to fill this space with a bit of a sob story: I actually already had many of the original Duke big box PC releases as a kid, Duke Xtreme included, all received as gifts from my parents, of course. However, for reasons that I don't remember, my parents later made me throw away the boxes for many of my PC games, and that somehow encompassed everything Duke-related. And believe me, there were many: the Atomic Edition, the expansion packs, the shovelware compilations, even Duke: The Apocalypse and the Duke Xtreme t-shirt that came with it. They've been gone so long that, even after scouring through old pictures and home movies, I was only able to find one instance of any evidence that they were ever in my possession: a single glimpse of my old Duke!Zone box for a few seconds in the upper middle of this video.

About two decades later, I'm now attempting to slowly reacquire these lost boxes with my own funds (hopefully at reasonable prices!), not just for the sake of collecting them but to own physical testaments of the games and series that still inspire and influence my work today. If it's any consolation, MusicallyInspired, I hope to provide a worthy new home for your game.

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm glad it's found a worthy home! Much more worthy than mine. All these boxes just sit in boxes unpacked...

• The Sarien Encounter

Lowered the price for Homeworld GOTY from $60 to $45 (there are some on eBay for $70 and up!).

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Some price changes. I've been advertising these on some Facebook groups as well so I reflected price changes here.

• The Sarien Encounter

Sixty Four, check your PMs/Email.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options