Duke4.net Forums: killcount question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

killcount question

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

At what point does the game count an actor as an enemy for the purposes of calculating max_actors_killed?

Let's say that there is a hardcoded enemy in the map, and at map load time I change it to a different picnum, which is defined as "notenemy". Will max_actors_killed include the hardcoded enemy that got changed?

On a related note, "enemy" has some messed up behavior as compared with "notenemy" in some situations. Example: there's a corridor in E2L3, one of the skinny ones on the "thruster" part of the level. My custom enemy, and also hardcoded Commander, act like they are half-submerged when in that area. I tried a lot of stuff and I could not get them to stand normally on the floor. Finally, I changed my enemy to "notenemy" and that fixed it immediately. And no, the sector is not tagged as water or tagged at all, and I already set the bit on my actor which prevents it from being half-submerged when on water (also tried deactivating that bit too).

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It gets counted at spawn time.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTerminX, on 15 March 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

It gets counted at spawn time.

So if there is a respawn in the map that is never triggered, the respawn enemy is not included in max_actors_killed? (You can tell that I have never paid attention to kill stats).

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I think that's correct... otherwise you would have to kill the various women present throughout the game in order to get 100% kills.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I assume it's to avoid RESPAWN effectors that are never triggered, which could be easily misplaced in maps.

The max_actors_killed is increased for all enemy/enemystayput useractors. For hard-coded enemies there are several exceptions or other issues that result in a broken kill count at the end of the level.

This post has been edited by Fox: 17 March 2016 - 07:44 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options