Duke4.net Forums: Animation smoothing bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Animation smoothing bug

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

If you use the anim def command, then animation smoothing will be applied, even if smoothduration is set to 0.0

This came to my attention because I have an actor with a rolling animation. Instead of looping the animation properly, it would very visibly reset the animation every roll. Finally I realized that the game was using animation smoothing to bridge the gap between the last frame of the animation and the first, but it was doing a horrible job. It would keep doing this no matter what value animation smoothing was set to, including 0.0. Finally I had to give up on using the anim command, and set each frame of the animation to a separate tile, then code it like it was a sprite animation. This solved it, but it was a pain (mainly to figure out what was going on). Oh, I tested this using polymer, not polymost (I am working on a polymer project).

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

So, if you have it set up with the "anim" command the problem goes away when you set r_animsmoothing to 0?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTerminX, on 13 March 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

So, if you have it set up with the "anim" command the problem goes away when you set r_animsmoothing to 0?

I don't know, I would have to reverse my changes and set it back to anim in order to check... I'll let you know.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

You have to set smoothing on the target animation frame, not the source, so that's probably what was happening?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options