Duke4.net Forums: I noticed DNF has this cool effect when water drops are on you. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I noticed DNF has this cool effect when water drops are on you.  "Kinda of a lensing effect."

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Like this.
Same effect as when you look through a glass of water that is full or a magnifying glass, Lensing effect or w.e
Posted Image

Does Eduke32 has coding for that or if the Eduke32 engine can handle that effect?

Huh I meant to +1 vote that, finger slip. My bad. But yeah those kind of screen effects are always cool.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 09 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I think yes, Eduke32 can do that. I am not a coder, but sometimes I understand how CONs are working. I think that right here it is only the problem to find the artist who can draw this effect and animate it. After that you will just make some "programming magic" like: show tile99*** on screen when player is outdoor and it is raining.

Yeah, my explanation is super primitive, but I hope it is also understandable.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you're actually referring to the refraction through the water, that might be something polymer could pull off. You may need a custom shader for it, but IIRC polymer doesn't let you write your own shaders yet.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Yes refraction and also lensing.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options