Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Legacy Channel - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Legacy Channel  "Duke Nukem Legacy Channel"

https://www.youtube....35hJF-r5CVNCc4A

so far I have Duke Nukem 3D Done and Updated, Right now I finish eps 1 of total meltdown on playstation the levels are going to be in pieces like they will have there own video it will make it easier for me to upload them quicker also I want to say damn the controls suck for TM Duke but still a fun classic game

I decided to post this early part 1 is up

Groovy!

User is offline   Jolteon 

Awesome play through! :whistling: I love the PlayStation port of the game. Brings back memories. But yeah, the controls for it are weird and there is frame rate issues as well from time to time, but once you get used to it, it's actually really fun. :woot:

Started editing level 2 RedLight Distract then going to watch it yet again to make sure it is good

Here is Part 2 of Total Meltdown

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I get the impression that the monster sounds are a bit different - have they been re-recorded/resampled at a different frequency, or is it just an effect of recording from a real PS?

From the look of it I think they were resampled also notice afew missing textures like Duke Nukem Hand when he inputs the card into color slot, also from Demo Recording on freeway I notice that duke nukem doesn't walk normal .

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMrFlibble, on 09 March 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

I get the impression that the monster sounds are a bit different - have they been re-recorded/resampled at a different frequency, or is it just an effect of recording from a real PS?

Most of the sounds were resourced from the original CD audio they were taken from. Duke 3D actually uses quite a few stock sounds. An example; All the pig noises are actual pig noises taken from Sound Ideas 5000. They're the same ones used for the Quake 1 Orge. :whistling:

The pistol sound was in that same library.

Obviously JSJ had either recorded new material for the PS1 version, or they had additional lines and such that had been recorded during the original Duke3D session and then utilised them for the PS1 version ("Never met an alien I couldn't kill." "Fire in the hole, asshole!" etc...)

Some are just straight reuses from Duke3D as they were likely made for Duke3D by Lee Jackson/Bobby Prince.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostDemon Duke, on 09 March 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

From the look of it I think they were resampled

The PlayStation version used the original uncompressed source of the PC sounds, and are 16-bit instead of 8-bit. Proof of it is that some sounds that were removed like DUKE_BREATHING and DUKE_EXHALING are present in the files. Some of the sounds are vastly different because of the sampling rate, which is not necessarily linked to the files themselves.

View PostDemon Duke, on 09 March 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

also notice afew missing textures like Duke Nukem Hand when he inputs the card into color slot, also from Demo Recording on freeway I notice that duke nukem doesn't walk normal .

There are dozens of textures removed to save memory. I.e. some tiles of the paralaxed skies, glass breaking, MONEY, TRANSPORTERBEAM, some frames of COOLEXPLOSION, Duke torso/gun/leg gibs, some frames of SHARK, some frames of SHRINKEREXPLOSION, EXPLOSION2BOT, CRACKKNUCKLES, freezethrower firing, shrinker firing, some frames of the pipebomb trigger, some frames of the shotgun reloading, the menu icon is not animated and there is no multiplayer respawn icons.

The hands that appear when you input an access card are not present because they moved the tripbomb to the inventory, and they removed its associated tiles. Additionally it is missing some Atomic Edition textures such as OOZ2 or the author faces in Faces of Death.

This post has been edited by Fox: 09 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

I see well anyways here is part 3

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 09 March 2016 - 04:19 PM

Personally I find the PS version music quite nice. I remember Mark Knight had the tracks downloadable as MP3s from his site, but apparently not anymore.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMrFlibble, on 10 March 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Personally I find the PS version music quite nice. I remember Mark Knight had the tracks downloadable as MP3s from his site, but apparently not anymore.

Mark shared his lossless master tapes with the HTTKC team, which we will release along with the TM mod.

View PostHendricks266, on 10 March 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

Mark shared his lossless master tapes with the HTTKC team, which we will release along with the TM mod.

and how is the good ol' HTTKC coming?

Hi guys next part is uploading now be up soon

Part 4

There were years where my computer was an ol 386 that couldn't play Duke 3D, pretty much just point and click adventure games etc. Renting Total Meltdown was my first exposure to Duke 3D, really good port. I had played the shareware of Duke 1 though. Then I got Duke 64, but did miss the flavor that was censored out etc, though that's a cool game too.

Sure beats the console ports back when Doom was new, SNES and 32x etc. Though luckily my computer could play Doom.

Here is part 5

View PostMrFlibble, on 10 March 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

I remember Mark Knight had the tracks downloadable as MP3s from his site, but apparently not anymore.
Turns out I checked the wrong site, the tracks are all still available here:
http://www.gamesound.../downloads.html

I also like his Warhammer music, although I have never played the game.

BTW, is there a playlist with info on what track plays in which level?

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 12 March 2016 - 04:43 AM

Here is the final part of eps 1

Edit: going to start eps 2 soon in the mean time please watch me and Rumble Coop on Megaton Edition
https://www.youtube...._rystII7kwZqmYB < Duke Out In Dc

https://www.youtube....Qm_nGlNVbtPZcKz < Nuclear Winter

https://www.youtube....PO1TBscTyry3qFt < Xmas Duke

https://www.youtube....pvX1Rm4xCnDqOx2 < Duke Zone 2 I Fucking hate that eps

https://www.youtube....dYlrXoIaGdiohCa < Lifes A Beach

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 12 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

Question in regarding Duke Nukem Total Meltdown I got to spin Cycle and I hit the nuke button something odd happen and don't know how it happen Eps 4 Cutscene came up and the score board came up with spin cycle

Skip to :22

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 12 March 2016 - 10:56 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

That's weird. Although some weird stuff happened with me too years ago. First up in Trackside Tragedy, I randomly got crushed somehow when going up this ramp thing (It was near that red tunnel, as well as near an atomic health in the wall), but then when I pressed a button to bring up the menu, it respawned me back to the beginning with just a pistol, but everything I already done were still there, like as if I was playing multiplayer. Not only that but when I tried to bring up the menu, it just says "Game Paused" on the screen. Then when I exited the level, a multiplayer score board was shown instead but showing a bunch of letters. I couldn't even exited out it so I had to turn off the game.

Another weird glitch was that one time, I was playing Lunatic Fringe when I noticed my health was over 200, It was actually 216. I was like "That's weird." Then I went onto the next level and I still had 216 health. But then same glitch happened with Trackside Tragedy, where I died and respawned back to the beginning of the level with just a pistol.

I wasn't playing this om emulators btw, I was playing this game on my PS2 when this happened.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Was already subbed fun seeing your videos plus I know the person playing is really good hehe.

Duke Nukem Update I test played my land of babes game works amazing I can't wait to do videos of that one but first thing is first meltdown

Sorry for the long wait here is eps 2 part 1

Eps 2 part 2

Eps 2 part 3

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I forgot the MINI IS HUGE

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMrFlibble, on 12 March 2016 - 04:41 AM, said:

BTW, is there a playlist with info on what track plays in which level?

Spoiler

Part 4

Give me the prime or I blow up the core

Poor Lizzard Man at 5:03

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 20 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

Part 5 is Here

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 23 March 2016 - 05:11 AM

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options