• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghostbusters 2016

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's gonna suck. Amirite?

What a tragedy. Nothing about this is funny and nothing that was trying to be funny had anything to do with Ghostbusters. These terrible jokes could be from any bad comedy movie. This movie speaks nothing of Ghostbusters. If this is what came 30 years ago it would have flopped. Riding on the name only. I was hoping to see something different and interesting. Nope. Subpar. Will not go to see it.

I wonder if they're making it bad on purpose so that people can hate it so that moronic SJW's can pick on sane people some more. At the very least you know that's what they'll be transforming all the hate it's getting into because they need to defend it somehow. I'm waiting for the first article with the click bait title falsely linking it to anti-feminism or something.

EDIT: Second international trailer:

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

On the face of it, it doesn't excite me at all. Like... zero interest.

I loved the old Ghostbusters movies, the NES game kinda sucked though :whistling:

This post has been edited by Robman: 06 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

It's a live-action adaptation of Dookie Nukem.

Ghostbusters 3 was literally in the Ghostbuster videogame they made a bit ago. It also happens to be a really good game, though you absolutely need a controller to play it.
Skip this, just go play the game.

User is offline   Lunick 

The only good thing about this trailer is the music.

• The Sarien Encounter

No, the only good thing about that trailer was the 2 seconds of slimer.

Ghostbusters 3 was literally in the Ghostbuster videogame they made a bit ago. It also happens to be a really good game, though you absolutely need a controller to play it.

I forgot about that. I still need to play it. Thanks for the reminder.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 06 March 2016 - 10:09 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

MusicallyInspired, on 06 March 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

These terrible jokes could be from any bad comedy movie. This movie speaks nothing of Ghostbusters.

Yep, the jokes felt pretty generic. The whole movie has a cheap, lowest common denominator feel to it that gives the impression of a typical summer comedy that people watch and forget. The original still has a pretty damn unique feel to it that hasn't been pulled off since, other than GB2 of course. The jokes all felt pretty forced here. Plus they gave away the whole damn scene (beginning and end) of the human possession. That scene is now redundant in the film (unless it happens again in the battle).

The general reaction of the characters is pretty unrelatable as well. "Oh I'm getting slimed, let's all stand around and keep filming", while in the original the guys ran out of the entire building screaming their heads off after seeing the librarian. If they're trying to make the women look like badasses it's not working very well.

I've never found Melissa McCarthy or Paul Feig's films funny. Besides Kristan Wiig I haven't even heard of the others.

Carl Winslow, on 06 March 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

Exactly, the plot, tone and atmosphere of the game was spot on and felt like the right direction for the franchise to go. The gameplay also holds its own quite well. Highly recommended.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 06 March 2016 - 10:18 PM

User is offline   Mark 

WTF. After the death of Harold Ramis ( whom the other stars were saying was a sticking point for a sequel ) they were optimistic about getting together for another film. I didn't look into who is the backing and force behind this one. Maybe an entirely different group of people. I'll go see it. I go to the theatre almost every weekend and have for many years. I'm easy to please.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The first movie worked so well because of how quiet it was. Every scene was given lots of breathing room, so even when a joke fell flat it still worked dramatically and was entertaining to see.
These days it's all about how many quick cuts and gags and random story points they can throw in. Granted the final movie might not be that bad, but the trailer certainly doesn't help dispel the notion.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

tumblr: live action

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

If they play I Want a New Drug, in it's entirety,
instead of the Ghostbusters theme

I'll go see it.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 07 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

I don't know what it is about it, but for some reason the trailer makes me think of Ghost Busters if it were made by my old teacher... She was a 'misandrist' and all-round complete mental case, spending most of the school budget on a giant coffee maker thing which took up a whole room, that room being a lavatory she paid people to come in and demolish (with more school money) so the coffee machine could be installed there and hooked up to the water supply.

I didn't think much of the first Ghost Busters movies to be honest, they were just "Oh, that's on? Well, it's probably better than the other channel so it can stay, it passes the time." kinda movies to me, though while they're not my kind of movie I can appreciate them for what they did right. Somehow I don't think the new one is going to be like that and I will probably find it offensive to my brain if I ever do have to see it for some reason.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Looks like absolute shit. Its everything that was wrong with Ghostbusters 2 amplified by a thousand. I also love how they thought it'd be nice and progressive to have an all female cast while the one black character is literally a walking black stereotype. Winston was my favourite Ghostbuster and that just fucking pisses me off.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ghostbusters 2 was fine. I'm not sure what everyone has against it. But there's nothing redeemable about this at all.

User is offline   Paul B 

I have been dead against another sequel with an all female cast right from the start. However, after watching this trailer, call me crazy but I'm more interested in watching it now.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

That trailer has a lot of dislikes, holy crap. Way more dislikes than the Christmas Story 2 trailer (althought a considerable amount more upvotes as well)
As someone who saw both Ghostbusters and thought they were ok, seeing this trailer has made me.... still neutral.
I mean it looks ok. Some of the cast from Bridesmaids is in this, and that movie was pretty alright.

• The Sarien Encounter

There's a new trailer out. It's basically the same with a few more scenes added from the looks of it and without the "power of Petty compels you" scene. I haven't watched it yet (kids are currently getting ready for bed), but some people are saying this redeems it somewhat, but it's still got a 1:5 like/dislike ratio so far.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

also this

• Honored Donor

Again they do the whole "30 years ago..." thing? They shouldn't try to reference the original in all trailers if they're going to completely ignore the original movies in the story. What's the point of it anyway? Everybody old enough to have seen the originals already know they exist, and for everyone younger they're trying to give a fresh take that makes the originals redundant both in story and tone.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

What a disgrace, that's all I'm going to say.

User is offline   Merlijn 

Micky C, on 12 March 2016 - 12:26 AM, said:

Again they do the whole "30 years ago..." thing? They shouldn't try to reference the original in all trailers if they're going to completely ignore the original movies in the story. What's the point of it anyway? Everybody old enough to have seen the originals already know they exist, and for everyone younger they're trying to give a fresh take that makes the originals redundant both in story and tone.

This. The beginning is so misleading.
Here I thought it would be a proper sequel, and then the rest of the trailer came and made it look like a really poor version of the original film.

The only twist being the gender swap.. ehm yay?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Merlijn, on 13 March 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

This. The beginning is so misleading.
Here I thought it would be a proper sequel, and then the rest of the trailer came and made it look like a really poor version of the original film.

The only twist being the gender swap.. ehm yay?

The real twist is that Leslie Jones got more lines in this trailer than Ernie Hudson ever did.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Western women are fucking garbage and this proves it. The only talented person in that group is Melissa McCarthy and she should hold herself to a higher standard. She was the only person to approach Chris Farley levels of greatness in The Heat, she shouldn't be starring in shit like this.

Fuck everyone else in this cast, especially that stupid black chick. She's half the reason modern SNL is garbage. "HEY EVERYONE I'M BLACK LORDY LORDY LORDY LOL"

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 13 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

Micky C, on 12 March 2016 - 12:26 AM, said:

They shouldn't try to reference the original in all trailers if they're going to completely ignore the original movies in the story.

What's the point of it anyway?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wieder: 16 March 2016 - 12:29 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I have no problems with them having a female Ghostbusters. I do have a problem with remakes, especially when the film is well-known and of good quality. Just why? Are you hoping that today's generation just never heard of the original or won't see it as it hasn't got a rap soundtrack and dosen't star anyone they've seen on Facebook recently?

I was ignoring the hate until the moment I saw the trailer. I thought "Give it a chance". The trailer was frankly awful. It does look like a cheap remake of the film, played soley for laughs and no dramatic content whatsover. The original film wasn't Lawrence of Arabia, but it had a focus on characters and had some respect for who they were, even if the film was mainly a comedy. You can just tell that this is going to be a comedy in the vein of a lot of modern films where the characters are just walking joke dispensers.

Whats really bad is the comedy black woman channelling some 1930's stereotype. Jesus. I always felt bad for Ernnie Hudson, but this is way worse. I only hope that it's used as a joke and at some time later in the film she stands up for herself.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Tea Monster, on 16 March 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

Whats really bad is the comedy black woman channelling some 1930's stereotype. Jesus. I always felt bad for Ernnie Hudson, but this is way worse. I only hope that it's used as a joke and at some time later in the film she stands up for herself.

It won't happen, that's literally her ENTIRE shtick for every bit she does on SNL. She's just terrible and apparently I'm racist for thinking so!

• Honored Donor

It reminds me of how the US was making an American version of Red Dwarf (British sci-fy comedy). The original British writers were invited in to the writing sessions, which were apparently all about churning out one-liners rather than focusing on a cohesive narrative where jokes flowed naturally from the characters.

I can imagine the Ghostbusters writers sessions as being the same thing; 100% focus on trying to get out as many one-liners as possible.

Micky C, on 19 March 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

It reminds me of how the US was making an American version of Red Dwarf (British sci-fy comedy). The original British writers were invited in to the writing sessions, which were apparently all about churning out one-liners rather than focusing on a cohesive narrative where jokes flowed naturally from the characters.

The first couple episodes of The American "The Office" were *terrible* specifically because they tried to mimic something they didn't understand.

Micky C, on 19 March 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

I can imagine the Ghostbusters writers sessions as being the same thing; 100% focus on trying to get out as many one-liners as possible.

There was certainly 100% focus on *something*...
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wieder: 19 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

• Honored Donor

Are those all people involved with the movie then?

Wow, originally I thought the gender swap was simply there to help differentiate it from the original. Like how in season 9 of scrubs they made the new "JD character" female so people wouldn't draw a direct comparison to the loved original. However that photo just screams gimmick...

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

This amateur G-Mod video is more entertaining than what this movie looks like.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options