Duke4.net Forums: Virtual Drum Comparison - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Virtual Drum Comparison

User is offline   dn3dkorg 

Please check out my Virtual Drum Comparison
starting with the microsoft gs wavetable synth drums and following with two professional virtual drums ,
and tell me which do you prefer? sorry for speaking poor English , my language is Spanish! Thanks!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'd say almost anything sounds better than Microsoft's bastardized Roland GS bank, but I have to say your virtual set, as much as it is a little more realistic sounding, is smash-compressed to a paper-thin pancake and lacking some clarity that some better mixing would fix. It's been a problem with music for the past two decades now, though. I have to say at least Microsoft GS has some dynamics to it. Where did you get your samples?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 27 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I agree. The second sample had the mids scooped out of them along with the over compression. Its hard to say which is "overall" better. I would have to hear them in the songs. In some cases the first might sound best and another song the second might be better. If I had to make a choice I would use the first because of it's clarity. The third sample was the worst for me but I liked the cymbal in that one.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 27 February 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

I'd say almost anything sounds better than Microsoft's bastardized Roland GS bank, but I have to say your virtual set, as much as it is a little more realistic sounding, is smash-compressed to a paper-thin pancake and lacking some clarity that some better mixing would fix. It's been a problem with music for the past two decades now, though. I have to say at least Microsoft GS has some dynamics to it. Where did you get your samples?

I use Ezdrummer 2 and adictive drums 2 :whistling:

View PostMark., on 28 February 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

I agree. The second sample had the mids scooped out of them along with the over compression. Its hard to say which is "overall" better. I would have to hear them in the songs. In some cases the first might sound best and another song the second might be better. If I had to make a choice I would use the first because of it's clarity. The third sample was the worst for me but I liked the cymbal in that one.

i use Ezdrummer 2 and Adictive drums 2 :whistling:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

EZ Drummer is notorious for using overcompressed samples because that's what's "in". I have Addictive Drums 1 and 2 as well. I got it in a pack for Christmas when I upgraded to Sonar Platinum. Haven't had much music work lately, though, so I haven't had a chance to really delve into them. What ADpacks do you use?

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 February 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

EZ Drummer is notorious for using overcompressed samples because that's what's "in". I have Addictive Drums 1 and 2 as well. I got it in a pack for Christmas when I upgraded to Sonar Platinum. Haven't had much music work lately, though, so I haven't had a chance to really delve into them. What ADpacks do you use?

studio rock! :whistling:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options