Duke4.net Forums: Music recommendations for user maps? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Music recommendations for user maps?

User is offline   Anvil 

What are your recommendations for good, action-oriented tracks?

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Anything but deathtoll.mid!!!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

fastway.mid

I liked how Sixty Four (Turok64) used a good track from Duke Nukem Zero Hour for his level Mean Streets. I myself then used a different Zero Hour track for my level Groovy Street, except I cropped a couple sections together some it looped well.

So pretty much anything hard rockin' or groovin', or maybe something with a John Carpenter-eqsue (or Lee Jackson-esque) vibe to it is nice. I also liked the instrumental Rammstein and whatnot in BobSP levels. I'd say if you have a good midi with a good riff or two, you're good to go.

If you're looking for a less actiony or more ambient kind of vibe, maybe a more laidback song.

When I was looking for songs to try, I listened to so many midi versions of random metal and rock songs. Unfortunately most of them aren't good and have chirping weird sounds imitating the vocals (why have vocals in an instrumental :dukeaffirmative: ). Anyhoo, this is my rambling answer.

Oddly enough for my first level I was going to include a midi of Blondie's Call Me, then I remembered that I had heard it recently in Duke Hard. :)

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 17 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

For Duke It Out in D.C., in particular, I had a few Rise of the Triad MIDIs, a MIDI of "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)", the Guile theme from Street Fighter 2 and probably one or two from Duke Nukem 2.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options