Duke4.net Forums: Support for the Mac-specific cheats? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Support for the Mac-specific cheats?

User is offline   eisnerguy1 

So, I've been able to get eDuke32 running great with my old copy of the MacSoft port but, the Mac-specific cheats don't work. The Mac OS Classic port of the game had a few extra cheat codes added in by the team who ported it.

DNMACS: Prints "Macs Rule!" to the screen, and replaces the security monitor textures with a screenshot of a Mac OS desktop.
DNMONKEYMODE: Prints "The Monkey Lives!" to the screen, and wiggles Duke's movement controls while firing straight ahead. Typing "DN" turns it off.
DN1984: When typed in E1L1, it turns off the music, prints "Big Brother is Watching!" to the screen, and replaces the short animated loop on the movie screen with the full Apple "1984" ad that introduced the Macintosh to the world, complete with audio. Typing it again turns off the audio and freezes the video.

I was wondering if there would ever be support for the Mac-specific cheats?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The last I checked the Mac version, DUKE3D.GRP was identical to Atomic v1.5. I didn't see where the Mac OS and 1984 assets are located. Beside that, we don't have the source code to Mac version, so I would need to reverse-engineer it so we implement it right. These features fall in the category of "would be cool, but are of no importance".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options