Duke4.net Forums: BUG: Accessing sector lotags in CON files - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BUG: Accessing sector lotags in CON files  "No longer works in latest Eduke versions (>=r5506)"

After a major panic when my map broke big time, it turns out it is actually a bug in later versions of Eduke32 where you can no longer access sector lotags, the bug starting in r5506. Further investigation reveals both read and write are affected. For example:

getsector[temp1].lotag temp6
setsector[temp1].lotag temp7

addlogvar temp6
addlogvar temp7
addlogvar temp1

Here I am trying to write 0 to a sector with a current lotag of 1. The debug logs show I'm accessing the correct sector, however the setector does not modify the sector during the game plus the getsector is reading 0 instead of 1. The code works correctly in earlier versions.

I think it is just lotag that is bolloxed - read/write of shade, pal and floorpicnum still work fine in r5506.

TTFN,
Jon

This post has been edited by The Mechanic: 26 January 2016 - 04:44 AM

User is online   Jblade 

maybe this is related to the .alignto bug I reported earlier where setting that changes the sector's lotag?

View PostJblade, on 26 January 2016 - 04:46 AM, said:

maybe this is related to the .alignto bug I reported earlier where setting that changes the sector's lotag?

Could be; can you try r5501 and r5506 as 5506 is where it broke for me.

TTFN,
Jon

User is online   Jblade 

I think I've used some newer stuff so I can't backport, but I've just checked and I can't access sector lotags either so it definitely is a bug.

View PostJblade, on 26 January 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

I think I've used some newer stuff so I can't backport, but I've just checked and I can't access sector lotags either so it definitely is a bug.

As I can't work out what alignto does I can't test it either - I'm sure I saw it mentioned in respect to fog (?) in which case I cant test it anyway as I'm too cheap to buy a PC with a decent graphics card.

Interestingly - or worryingly - r5502 shows a major refactoring in the area that processes CON structures - a lot of duplicated code mopped up by a new function. The new function gets called when processing not just sectors but also walls, players, projectiles, etc so there could be some other structure type accesses that are affected. Pure guesswork of course - maybe a case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing - but I'm sure suspicious.

TTFN,
Jon

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

This one is fixed now.

View PostTerminX, on 27 January 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

This one is fixed now.

Service with a smile. Well, service anyway :)

Thanks for quickly sorting this, tested in r5588 and lotags are working again :dukeaffirmative:

TTFN,
Jon

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options