Duke4.net Forums: useractor enemy hardcoded fallsquish -- new? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

useractor enemy hardcoded fallsquish -- new?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I just noticed for the first time, that when a useractor enemy dies and then falls a sufficient distance onto the ground, it will make a squish sound, spawn some JIBS6 and a BLOODPOOL, just like a LIZTROOP.

Has this been there from the beginning, or was it added later?

I suppose it is possible that it has been there all along and I just didn't notice. The original game does have two useractor enemies for which it wouldn't be appropriate (TANK and CANNON), but they very conveniently do not have dead bodies that can fall to the ground.

Did whoever make that a feature simply not consider the possibility that some enemies may be robots or other types that do not splat that way? Did they also not consider that a custom actor may have its own custom splat that is better or at least different from the hardcoded one?

I did check htflags before posting, and removed all special flags just to make sure that it wasn't an optional feature which I had triggered by accident. This is one of those things that surely should be an htflag, just like the option of making an actor with bleeding impacts (SFLAG_HURTSPAWNBLOOD).

P.S. I have no trouble working around the feature (I simply make the robot body cactor into a useractor notenemy before it hits the ground).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options