Duke4.net Forums: Big issue with latest Mapster build (r5568) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Big issue with latest Mapster build (r5568)

User is offline   blizzart 

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to work on a map, but I have a big problem with the latest EDuke-version (r5568 / 64bit / Win 8.1).

Maybe it is just me, but perhaps anyone else can confirm this behavior:

The realtime wall manipulation doesn´t work for me in 3D mode. This means neither stretching, panning or shading of a wall does show any effect in 3Dmode while doing it. I have to go to 2Dmode and back to 3Dmode to see any changes which makes it nearly impossible to work.

Panning/Shading of floors and ceilings work as usual.

The mapster32.log doesn´t show anything related to this issue.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Are you using Polymer by any chance?

User is offline   Mark 

Problem is in Polymer only for me.

View PostTerminX, on 16 January 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Are you using Polymer by any chance?

Yes I do.

• el fundador

I'm not able to reproduce it.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm running 5568 32 bit under Vista with an Nvidia 750ti card. I'll try older versions to see if I can find where the problem starts. Its very recent because I had been using something from a month ago or less just fine. So far 5548 is bad.... 5513 is bad.... 5501 is bad....

Its longer than I thought. I'll post again when I have it nailed down.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

View PostMark., on 16 January 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm running 5568 32 bit under Vista with an Nvidia 750ti card. I'll try older versions to see if I can find where the problem starts. Its very recent because I had been using something from a month ago or less just fine. So far 5548 is bad.... 5513 is bad.... 5501 is bad....

Its longer than I thought. I'll post again when I have it nailed down.

The former version I was running with Polymer was r5409 (64bit) and this was working without any problems.

Wait. r5495 also has this problems but it applies the changes to the wall in 3Dmode when you lower or increase the height.

I can reproduce it with different mods and a clean copy of DN3D. Also on my NVidia GT635M and the Intel HD4000 chipset.

User is offline   Mark 

That took way longer than expected. 5474 good... 5491 and higher bad

There are no other versions in between.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

View Postblizzart, on 16 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Wait. r5495 also has this problems but it applies the changes to the wall in 3Dmode when you lower or increase the height.

Just gave it a quick try, r5568 behaves the same way.

[EDIT] The mentioned issue ONLY affects white-lined walls, red line walls of child sectors can be edited without any problems.

This post has been edited by blizzart: 16 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I need a few more people to verify this problem so that it can get some attention. TX says its not happening on his end so we need to show that more people are having this issue. So far only Blizzart and I have noticed the glitch.

Starting with version 5491 and higher, in Mapster and using Polymer, when you try to adjust x or y panning on a white wall it looks like nothing happens. But if you switch to 2D and back to 3D mode NOW the change shows.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 25 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

[quote name='Mark.' timestamp='1453764380' post='238077']
I need a few more people to verify this problem so that it can get some attention. TX says its not happening on his end so we need to show that more people are having this issue. So far only Blizzart and I have noticed the glitch.

Starting with version 5491 and higher, in Mapster and using Polymer, when you try to adjust x or y panning on a white wall it looks like nothing happens. But if you switch to 2D and back to 3D mode NOW the change shows.

What I have also noticed so far (beside what Mark wrote) in short.

- Glitch only affects white walls
- Raising / lowering the ceiling and the changes appear
- beside panning it also affects stretching and shading
- happens with nVidia GT635M and Intel HD4000 on my end

User is offline   Mark 

Even though its been a problem for the last couple of months and not discovered until recently is probably because not a lot of mappers are using Polymer and the ones that do ( including me ) don't always update to the latest version right after it's release.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 25 January 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

issue confirmed.
Win 7, nVidia Quadro 4000, (slow card for live polymer editing Posted Image), but when turned on, features in 3D, as desctibed by blizzart simply no longer work.

This post has been edited by Hank: 25 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

• el fundador

Fixed in r5597.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options